C Alexander Khovanov - Metallurg Zhlobin, Belarus (2018, 86th, MIN released)

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Love how underrated Khovanov has been. Tied now for points (6 points in 5 games) with 2 goals and 4 apples. Really, really underrated talent. But he plays for Minnesota...

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think we need to have a Russian on that line to make Khovanov and Kaprizov more comfortable playing in NA.
I was thinking we just force fiala to learn Russian, but actually, you’re right. We need to bring over a left wing from the KHL.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I was thinking we just force fiala to learn Russian, but actually, you’re right. We need to bring over a left wing from the KHL.

So I just had a thought...

Who’s going to help make that LW comfortable in NA?

We need another Russian for that?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
So I just had a thought...

Who’s going to help make that LW comfortable in NA?

We need another Russian for that?
Yeah, probably just to be safe. It’s tough to start a new job 5000 miles from home. But.... what about that Russian?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
A goal and an assist today. Khovanov is finally showing why he was taken 2nd in the draft and why he was graded a 1st rounder before his injuries.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I've been burned by guys with big numbers in the Q before, so nothing's for certain. But he was a guy who would have gone earlier if it wasn't for illness and is playing like a 1st rd level guy.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I've been burned by guys with big numbers in the Q before, so nothing's for certain. But he was a guy who would have gone earlier if it wasn't for illness and is playing like a 1st rd level guy.
But this kid plays tough and plays an incredible 200’ game too. Skill, smarts and passion. He’s got it all. Can’t see him not becoming at least a number 2 centre for the Wild. Helps that the Wild need centres too. I could see them pairing him with Kaprizov down the road.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Yeah I don’t think he’s a lock to be a top 6 guy or anything, but his numbers in the Q in his d+2 are better than Kucherov’s. There’s a lot to be encouraged about and his ceiling is about as high as they come of he can continue to put it together.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
But this kid plays tough and plays an incredible 200’ game too. Skill, smarts and passion. He’s got it all. Can’t see him not becoming at least a number 2 centre for the Wild. Helps that the Wild need centres too. I could see them pairing him with Kaprizov down the road.
Absolutely nothing is certain. Wait until he plays against McJesus or the Aves roster. My guess is he DOES stick in the NHL but at what level of play? No idea. 1-3rd forward, I won't even say center yet.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

He gets rattled more than almost any player I’ve ever seen. That will be a roadblock until he fixes it. Foot speed definitely needs work too

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00