C Alex Newhook - Victoria Grizzlies, BCHL (2019, 16th, COL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Because he plays in an league where it’s difficult to watch him, so the negative words of one or two random people - who like as not also have not actually watched him play any significant amount - start an avalanche effect.

It’s funny, really.

Thanks

Reactions: 99664987

kroypuck

Mar 23, 2018
Because he plays in an league where it’s difficult to watch him, so the negative words of one or two random people - who like as not also have not actually watched him play any significant amount - start an avalanche effect.

It’s funny, really.

The Button effect

GJB

Dr. Hook
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2002
I see there's a player on his team now (same age), Alexander Campbell that is producing just as much? Where did he come from and is he a potential NHL pick?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Fellow Newfoundlander so I'm interested to see his development. Playing in the BCHL may be his downfall though.

its the 2nd highest level of hockey in Canada outside the CHL. not much more he can do. what downfall? LOL

Reactions: Killerjas

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I mean he could be in the CHL. I don't think there is anything wrong with the route he is going in theory but to be top 5 he needs to be absolutely undeniable.

Ohhh, he chose the BCHl route to maintain his college eligibility next year. Hope that explains it.

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
Anyone watched him so far?

Gets tremendous amount of ice
pp time
is a north south player
good speed and execution
needs to get emotions in check and keep fustrations down
i still think he has potential first round

again the big challenge is that BCHL is rapidly falling behind other Noth american JrA leagues like NAHL and NCDC
so its really going to be hard to judge accordingly and competition

but he has talent

Reactions: sydion

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Ohhh, he chose the BCHl route to maintain his college eligibility next year. Hope that explains it.
USHL is the best option for players who want to play in a higher-level league and keep NCAA eligibility. It is not like it is a far from home case either, the kids from Newfoundland. Although, I'm not sure USHL significantly helps his stock compared to BCHL, when you look at Jost and Turris vs highly drafted non-USNTDP USHL guys (Okposo, Girgensons, Connor).

lawrence

May 19, 2012
USHL is the best option for players who want to play in a higher-level league and keep NCAA eligibility. It is not like it is a far from home case either, the kids from Newfoundland. Although, I'm not sure USHL significantly helps his stock compared to BCHL, when you look at Jost and Turris vs highly drafted non-USNTDP USHL guys (Okposo, Girgensons, Connor).

how would it work if a Canadian born and raised player wants to go to the USHL? Never seen it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad