C Alex Forsberg - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2013 undrafted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
So Alex Forsberg a kid out of Waldheim Saskatchewan. This kid is amazing and he recently just got drafted first overall in the WHL Draft this year. This kid is 14 and was playing in the Midget AAA league this year in saskatchewan and was 3rd in the league in scoring. This is just amazing Prince George the team that drafted him in the draft this year is trying to get the WHL to let this kid play in the dub next year. So what do you guys think about this kid? Do you think the WHL should let him play next year? And third what do you think the future is for this kid like NHL Draft etc..?

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
So Alex Forsberg a kid out of Waldheim Saskatchewan. This kid is amazing and he recently just got drafted first overall in the WHL Draft this year. This kid is 14 and was playing in the Midget AAA league this year in saskatchewan and was 3rd in the league in scoring. This is just amazing Prince George the team that drafted him in the draft this year is trying to get the WHL to let this kid play in the dub next year. So what do you guys think about this kid? Do you think the WHL should let him play next year? And third what do you think the future is for this kid like NHL Draft etc..?

I said the same things few minutes ago in my thread '' Midget AAA - 14 years old '' ! loll ... He did 72 Points in 44 games !!!! Wow ! ... Do you know other players in Sasketchewan Midget AAA who are 14 years old ?

I think the WHL should let him play next season because he is ready! ... I think he will go first in the 2013 NHL draft !! ..

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
Yeah I watch him all the time since he plays just down the street it is just incredible. One thing that has been a big speculation around Prince George was him being able to play with his brother there I think that would be awesome to watch. One more year in AAA midget and this kid is just going to light up that league. But I think that he should just jump into the WHL.

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
I said the same things few minutes ago in my thread '' Midget AAA - 14 years old '' ! loll ... He did 72 Points in 44 games !!!! Wow ! ... Do you know other players in Sasketchewan Midget AAA who are 14 years old ?

I think the WHL should let him play next season because he is ready! ... I think he will go first in the 2013 NHL draft !! ..

I think that he has a chance to go first overall but he will have to develop very good and work on his fitness alot. But I think that his dad being his Power Skating trainer and off ice trainer that his dad will push him alot. I know a about 5 other kids that are 14 and played this year in the league. If you want to know who just let me know.

Lucky7

Dec 26, 2008
I think that he has a chance to go first overall but he will have to develop very good and work on his fitness alot. But I think that his dad being his Power Skating trainer and off ice trainer that his dad will push him alot. I know a about 5 other kids that are 14 and played this year in the league. If you want to know who just let me know.

Yeah for sure i want to know !! :D ... I know a guy who is name is ... Craig ????ton .. something like that ... But who are the 5 others in the league ?

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
Craig Leverton is the one that your thinking about. I will look up the others when I get home. Should be in an hour or so. Interested about Craig Leverton is him and Alex are best freinds even since they were kids they were always on the same line and same team until last year when Alex started playing with the Beardy's. But yeah Leverton got drafted to Lethbridge or something he is a huge power forward. I remember watching these 2 playing together 2 years ago everytime almost they were on the ice they were creating goals or chances it was just amazing.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I hope he makes the jump. Both him and his brother have NHL talent written all over them. I expect his brother to climb into the top 10 in next year's NHL draft.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
This is like the EA NHL games where the names start repeating.......Mike Ovechkin, Ruslan Brodeur, Alex Forsberg.....

WestCoastWild

Jul 9, 2009
This is like the EA NHL games where the names start repeating.......Mike Ovechkin, Ruslan Brodeur, Alex Forsberg.....

Or how about back a couple seasons when you'd have 5 Marcel Ciernik and Marcel Ballos playing in the NHL.. That was so annoying.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Or how about back a couple seasons when you'd have 5 Marcel Ciernik and Marcel Ballos playing in the NHL.. That was so annoying.

And they're all from Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia and the UK... And they're all 6'5+

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010

What are the chances he is allowed to play in the WHL as a 15 year old and when is the decision supposed to be made? He doesn't really have too much more to prove in the Sask Midget League. He is only listed at 5'10 170 pounds but hopefully after a good summer workout program and a maybe a couple inches in height ( brother listed at 6'0) he will be ready for the Dub this September. He has to be considered one of the favorites for the '13 draft. I know it is early but it seems like this kid could end up being one of the best forwards to come out of the WHL in quite awhile.

Last edited:

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
What are the chances he is allowed to play in the WHL as a 15 year old and when is the decision supposed to be made? He doesn't really have too much more to prove in the Sask Midget League. He is only listed at 5'10 170 pounds but hopefully after a good summer workout program and a maybe a couple inches in height ( brother listed at 6'0) he will be ready for the Dub this September. He has to be considered one of the favorites for the '12 draft. I know it is early but it seems like this kid could end up being one of the best forwards to come out of the WHL in quite awhile.

0 Chance

He has a lot to prove like maybe winning

KingJet*

I think he'll play a year in AAA Midget and get called up by the Cougars for like 5 games. I don't think there has been one player make the team and just got called up in the WHL for a few games. The OHL is different, they do the Midget draft when the players are put in the pros straight up unless they didn't make the team (all first rounders make it) no matter the age, such as John Tavares and Mike Richards. WHL drafts by the year they were born, not if they are 13 and played with 15 year olds. But i wish they did that in the Midget draft in the WHL.

OracularSpectacular

Feb 4, 2009
Oh yea sorry I wasn't thinking yea he got drafted to Prince George, but he is not playing there yet as far as I know. Sorry for the massive confusion lol

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
I think he'll play a year in AAA Midget and get called up by the Cougars for like 5 games. I don't think there has been one player make the team and just got called up in the WHL for a few games. The OHL is different, they do the Midget draft when the players are put in the pros straight up unless they didn't make the team (all first rounders make it) no matter the age, such as John Tavares and Mike Richards. WHL drafts by the year they were born, not if they are 13 and played with 15 year olds. But i wish they did that in the Midget draft in the WHL.

He can only play for P.G after his season with the Beardy Blackhawks is done. As to 88Nords19 question his stats can be followed on the Saskatchewan AAA Midget site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad