C Alex Forsberg - Saskatoon Blades, WHL (2013 undrafted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Alex Forsberg?

Was fairly highly-regarded heading into the 2013 draft but had a nightmare draft year and left Prince George to play in the SJHL.

Is back in the WHL now with Saskatoon and having a decent season (30 points in 34 games) but isn't really considered a prospect anymore.

Yup that's who it was! Thank you couldn't remember his name.

What was the reason he left the dub?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
A contract? I doubt it. Aren't those numbers roughly in line with what a 20 year old should be putting up in juniors? Maybe a tryout, sure. His teammate Tyler Soy (also undrafted) is 2 inches taller, 2 years younger, and putting up comparable numbers. I think he holds more interest to NHL teams at this point than Forsberg.

Mad Brills*

woof, 3 years without going pro? If he was 2014 eligilble I could see him getting signed.

Moveslikejagr247

Mar 8, 2015
I said the same things few minutes ago in my thread '' Midget AAA - 14 years old '' ! loll ... He did 72 Points in 44 games !!!! Wow ! ... Do you know other players in Sasketchewan Midget AAA who are 14 years old ?

I think the WHL should let him play next season because he is ready! ... I think he will go first in the 2013 NHL draft !!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Given how his career was going a couple years ago, he's done well to re-establish himself as a top-10 scorer in the WHL, and a key piece of a top team.

That said, yeah, he's not really much of a pro prospect anymore and will be headed either to the ECHL or CIS (possibly to join his brother Jesse, who was also a disappointing #1 bantam pick, also to Prince George).

Reactions: Newfoundland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad