C Akil Thomas - Niagara IceDogs, OHL (2018, 51st, LAK)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
They have no-trade clauses in major junior?

Had the same thought earlier, then saw this reply to the trade tweet:

"In terms of limiting trades, it can safely be assumed that most players selected early in the OHL draft will have a no-trade clause. In addition, all players in high school have no trade clauses, league wide.
At the trade deadline, the players most coveted by contending teams, such as Canadian World Junior golden goal scorer Akil Thomas from Niagara, were high draft picks likely to have a no-trade clause and the ability to pick and choose which contending team, if any, they are willing to accept a trade to.
On the flip side, the players the rebuilding teams are targeting in negotiations will be younger, high drafted 16- and 17-year-old players to help them in future seasons — high school-aged players with a no-trade clause of their own."

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
21 goals and about 50 points in his rookie season (D -1 season)
22 goals, 81 points (D season)
38 goals, 102 points (D +1 season)
24 goals, 84 points so far (D +2 season)

105 goals, 210 assists in 241 games

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
The Kings prospects are all off to a strong Pro start. I am not sure what the plan is but we may have 6-8 prospects ready to make the jump at the same time. Next year is going to be fun.

Reactions: Finster8

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
The Kings prospects are all off to a strong Pro start. I am not sure what the plan is but we may have 6-8 prospects ready to make the jump at the same time. Next year is going to be fun.

Can kind of hope that the Reign this year--with Turcotte, Byfield (depending), Madden, Thomas, Kupari, Dudas, Bjornfot, Hults, Durzi, et. al.--show out their youth like the baby Sens did last year.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Man, LAK prospect pool is STACKED. Example of rebuild done well.

I could only wish our GM had taken a page out of this book...

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
His experiance in Germany was a good one. He said that is where he added 20 lbs and worked on his shot.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I would argue that while Madden has been the star for the Reign so far, Thomas is 2nd (Kaliyev arguably right there too). Dude's just doing everything...will be interesting to see how everyone slots out when Byfield and Turcotte enter the lineup. Maybe move to wing? I didn't think he'd be super effective in the pros at C but him thinking the game so well has worked out so far.

Reactions: Finster8

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I would argue that while Madden has been the star for the Reign so far, Thomas is 2nd (Kaliyev arguably right there too). Dude's just doing everything...will be interesting to see how everyone slots out when Byfield and Turcotte enter the lineup. Maybe move to wing? I didn't think he'd be super effective in the pros at C but him thinking the game so well has worked out so far.
Didn’t he gain like 20 lbs .. that helps

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
AHL opening night sees him starting as 2C with Mikey Eyssimont-Thomas-Aiden Dudas (behind Turcotte-Kaliyev-Madden, so don't think he's being 'demoted' lol).

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Didn’t he gain like 20 lbs .. that helps

With Akil's skill set the weight helps him in many areas. His shot, taking draws, stronger on the puck+corners, physical game and confidence to go hard to the net. His 200 ft game has always been solid. Just an abundance of good young talent in LA. They are going to be fun to watch for a long time. Let's enjoy the ride.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I would be absolutely shocked if he doesn't become an every day NHL player. He's got all the qualities you want in a middle six guy.

Reactions: Eagle Fang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad