C Akil Thomas - Niagara IceDogs, OHL (2018, 51st, LAK)

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Who is JDub?

Justin Williams. And I don't mean that he'll score as much as Williams, but he plays a similar type of game. He's also slowly starting to show some pretty clutch moments in his young career.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sticktape

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
No sure how he was able to pull off a hatty(all snipes) with 3 minutes to play under pressure when his line mates (Anderssen and Byfield) have low IQ. :huh:

Reactions: koalabear9301

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Anyone have an update on this kid? He was sent to the minors on the 3rd and got into 2 games before the 10th, but hasn't played the last 6 games. Is he still injured?

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
Anyone have an update on this kid? He was sent to the minors on the 3rd and got into 2 games before the 10th, but hasn't played the last 6 games. Is he still injured?

Double shoulder surgery over the summer missed a few months came back blocked a shot now LBI out for a few weeks.
He should be back in sometime this month...hopefully.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Off to a good start so far in the AHL.

Basically picking up where he left off at the end of last season/in the playoffs--kid's a stud and should have a nice year. Will be interesting ot see him gain more confidence and momentum recovering fully from his shoulder concerns and in a key role with the Reign.

Reactions: Peachkings1922

Peachkings1922

Aug 13, 2022
Grimsby
Basically picking up where he left off at the end of last season/in the playoffs--kid's a stud and should have a nice year. Will be interesting ot see him gain more confidence and momentum recovering fully from his shoulder concerns and in a key role with the Reign.
Well said, he should receive some quality TOI this season and has a chance to develop and prove how much the shoulders did limit his progress. Would be great to see him put together a strong year and continue his quest to the big leagues.​

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
Well said, he should receive some quality TOI this season and has a chance to develop and prove how much the shoulders did limit his progress. Would be great to see him put together a strong year and continue his quest to the big leagues.​

The problem will soon become, where are we going to fit all these forwards on the big squad? I would hate to lose him in the shuffle. Feel he is flying under the radar at times in the prospect pool.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The problem will soon become, where are we going to fit all these forwards on the big squad? I would hate to lose him in the shuffle. Feel he is flying under the radar at times in the prospect pool.
I think he is much easier to fit than somewhat bigger names like Fagemo or Kupari. Same with Madden. Those Moore and Lemieux roster slots will go to them next year unless they blow it.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I can see him coming in and taking Lizotte's spot in a year or two. Also, by then, Grundstrom might be in the doghouse again and Lemieux will probably have worn out his welcome. There are some spots, but he needs to have a strong season first.

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
I can see him coming in and taking Lizotte's spot in a year or two. Also, by then, Grundstrom might be in the doghouse again and Lemieux will probably have worn out his welcome. There are some spots, but he needs to have a strong season first.
The 4th line center spot is Helenius' to lose as Lizotte's replacement. I can see Thomas shifting to wing in a bottom 6 role.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
The 4th line center spot is Helenius' to lose as Lizotte's replacement. I can see Thomas shifting to wing in a bottom 6 role.
Yup, you’ll have Helenius at 4C and then Lee, Thomas, Ward and maybe Madden will fight it out to be his wingers

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
This hasn't been reported here yet.
Video of the injury is in the article.

Some may chalk this up to more "bad luck" for him, but this injury looks self inflicted to me. He cross checks a player in the neck after the whistle, then swings his stick at another's head and presumably breaks his wrist (perhaps when he hits the ice) after both players punch him back (if anything, he's lucky that they didn't retaliate in kind by using their own sticks as weapons). It was a reckless and stupid play by Thomas that he'll be paying for with another largely lost year of development. It's a shame.

Last edited:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

As a Canuck fan who dreams about your Dman prospect pipeline it's too bad but not all of them are going to work out.:sarcasm:

Mats26

Sep 16, 2005
As a Canuck fan who dreams about your Dman prospect pipeline it's too bad but not all of them are going to work out.:sarcasm:
They keep dropping like flies to injuries. Thomas out for season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad