C Akil Thomas - Niagara IceDogs, OHL (2018, 51st, LAK)

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
LOL COME ON

Go look at his fight card, he's fought exactly one guy who's smaller than him by a hair, one guy his size, while the rest of his opponents are between 5-8 inches taller than him and 30+ pounds heavier.

Who's he hiding from if he's willingly taking on 6'6 guys?

Reactions: 99664987

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Why would we do that when we already have Larkin, AA, Veleno and Rasmussen. We need a Jack Hughes top center not another guy who will likely be a 2nd or 3rd line one. It is Akil Thomas not Robert Thomas.

Thomas is a dynamic offensive player and may end up a winger.

The players you listed should not preclude you from drafting Thomas.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Thomas is a dynamic offensive player and may end up a winger.

The players you listed should not preclude you from drafting Thomas.

I am fine with the players we drafted before Thomas. I am also fine with the players we draftef after him. He isnt worth all of the rest of our picks.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I am fine with the players we drafted before Thomas. I am also fine with the players we draftef after him. He isnt worth all of the rest of our picks.

I liked the Wings draft, it was one my favorite ones in years. But personally I would have tried to package some of those 3rd’s together for another 2nd to grab either Akil Thomas or Calen Addison.

Big fan of both of those kids and I think they have big offensive upside.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I liked the Wings draft, it was one my favorite ones in years. But personally I would have tried to package some of those 3rd’s together for another 2nd to grab either Akil Thomas or Calen Addison.

Big fan of both of those kids and I think they have big offensive upside.

This is foolish we are highjacking this thread. We have no idea if the Kings would even trade the pick so lets just stop here.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This is foolish we are highjacking this thread. We have no idea if the Kings would even trade the pick so lets just stop here.

I didn’t start that conversation, and I was just trying to voice that I think he’s a good prospect for the most part.

I’m excited to see what he can do this year, I think he is going to prove to a lot of teams they shouldn’t have passed on him.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Yeah he should've been a mid 1st but every year there are elite talents who fall to the mid-late 2nd. Really wanted the Avs to take him even at 16 other than Smith or Veleno but they could've even had him with their 2nd if they didn't give it away. Kid will be a good one along with Clague and Anderson-Dolan imo

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
3rd 5 point game, 6th with 4 or more. Niagara is a really deep team, should be fun.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
was so pissed when Montreal passed on him...

As was I when the Wings passed on him for McIsaac, but McIsaac's season has quelled some of my worries about his upside. That being said I think Thomas should have been drafted much earlier, I'd have thought he'd go in the mid 20s or 30s, but the Kings appear to have themselves a quality top 6 prospect. Hopefully he can continue his strong play into the playoffs.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
God, I hope all you guys who wanted him higher in the draft are right.

Seems like his biggest knock at this point is not having one real "excel" talent (other than raw speed) so what's his pro identity is a question

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad