C Aatu Räty - Jukurit, Liiga (2021, 52nd, NYI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Räty is having a loan transfer to Mikkelin Jukurit, according to newspaper Kaleva.

Positive news, he's going to have a way bigger role there and is going to play under chief Olli Jokinen. I think he'll start with a Big Mac burger and then points will come.

still the same league correct?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
still the same league correct?
Same league, yeah. Jukurit is 10th in Liiga currently, and is overall a lower end team. Making the pity playoffs(top 10) would be an achievement for them.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Same league, yeah. Jukurit is 10th in Liiga currently, and is overall a lower end team. Making the pity playoffs(top 10) would be an achievement for them.

so he will be getting more playing time hopefully? Good. Thank you.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
so he will be getting more playing time hopefully? Good. Thank you.
That's the hope, yeah. And I imagine that that was the premise behind the entire transfer so he also should be getting the benefit of the doubt at least in the beginning.

Reactions: SI90

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Seems like perfect change for Räty. Jokinen said on an interview that he also had some difficulties when he was young, so he believes that he can help Räty a lot with that. Also he mentioned that they need to get his full potential out and it only comes by getting a lot of ice time. Jukurit seems to be very determined to develop him and helping his path towards the NHL, Kärpät are serious contender and they were more about winning.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
With Aatu Räty you could see that at the start of the game he was not that good still, but as he got more and more ice time he played better and better and became a real difference maker. I guess that that's the opportunity he never got with Kärpät. Another funny thing is that Aatu Räty with his 1 goal 2 assists in his first game with Jukurit matched Kärpät's current 1C's production for the entire season. What would have been better to see is Kärpät giving Aatu Räty the opportunity to play 1C for them in a game or two and only loaning him away after that. Now they never even gave him the opportunity.
Jukurit seems to be very determined to develop him and helping his path towards the NHL, Kärpät are serious contender and they were more about winning.
That also is an interesting dynamic for the two teams. Kärpät is a top contender playing for the cup, Jukurit is a bottom of the barrel team for whom making the playoffs would be overachieving.

For Jukurit, they probably want an image as a strong development team so that they could get young cheap talent to come to them, since their budget is pretty tiny and doing well with Aatu Räty's development, for example, would be important for their image. Kärpät on the other hand probably does not care for developing at the cost of immediate success. Still, the 1C for Kärpät has been Mustonen with 1+2 points in 16 games so you'd imagine the hurdle wouldn't have been too great.

molotce

Apr 14, 2017
He has one goal so far in tonight's game. Have to wonder what happened to Kärpät, they used to know how to handle youth.
any way someone can watch jukurit in canada ? on the subject i'm very happy for Raty, just being in a different environment and having more playing time will really help him to take off if he was truly ever meant to. For finnish viewers, his play in jukurit is better too ?

Last edited:
Reactions: AppalachianFinn13

Cbdabi

Apr 29, 2016
Goal was a nice shot from left point to glove side near top corner from 2 on 1 attack. Defender covered the pass well and Raty with good confidence chose to shoot and that led to wild celly almost through the glass, direct link to game highlights: Liiga

edit: Even if Jukurit is seen as a bottom team in standings by media and writers, they certainly does have a good thing going on there in Mikkeli. Fresh coach which i'm sure the players look up to, and Jokinen could be the perfect match for Räty, since Jokinen can teach him a lesson or two about entering the NHL. And look at that support they get from their fans. There must be only few cities in Finnish hockey where they are as loud as there. One of them are certainly not my current hometown Turku, where they get arena 30% filled for games lol.

Wishing the best for Aatu, hope he'll be succesful.

Last edited:

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Nice goal yesterday against Ilves. Showing very quick release. You can see the video from this this link (it is the 2-0 goal): Liiga

He has now 3+2 after 3 games with his new team (which is my childhood home team Jukurit from Mikkeli in southeastern Finland).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad