Bylsma eyes other guy for Malkin-Neal line

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
fullrossi.jpg

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I feel that Bylsma is really going to piss me off this year. I'm not sure why.

Just wait until the super Duper Crosby Duper line is put together.

People think I'm being a clown, but I think DB is the exact coach that would do this.

After BB, Dupuis is as likely to be called up as anyone.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

You feel that way because he's Dan Bylsma.

Tanner Glass? Really? That option is actually on the table?

And like Jiggy said... the real fun is probably yet to come.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
I don't agree with this, but Glass said that it was down to the Nucks and pens but choose the pens because he was told there would be more opportunities. I'm pretty sure most of us on this board have him pencilled in with Vitale and Adams on the 4th line but I guess he was given the thought of 2nd or 3rd line duties

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
This is a big hole in the line-up. I just saw that Alex Kovalev is trying out with the Panthers. Are there any other vet wingers out there that we could take a flier on?

I said at the time that I thought it was weird that Shero didn't even bother to make an offer for Sullivan. Who wouldn't take him for one year, 1.5M right now?

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
IMO, this is what the first two lines should look like:

Chris Kunitz - Evgeni Malkin - James Neal

Matt Cooke - Sidney Crosby - Tyler Kennedy

The same lines that we saw late in to last season.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
IMO this is what the first two lines should look like:

Chris Kunitz - Evgeni Malkin - James Neal

Matt Cooke - Sidney Crosby - Tyler Kennedy

The same lines that we saw late in to last season.

But, but...Could you imagine the numbers MacIntyre could put up with Crosby?!??!?!? :amazed:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness

I have a feeling this will be the year he gets fired. Hopefully he takes Rossi with him if and when he forces himself out of a job.

That said, if he doesn't have a complete mental collapse, we'll end up with either:

Jeffrey - Geno - Neal

or

Tangradi - Geno - Neal

Cooke - Geno - Neal could work in a pinch in limited personnel situations. TK has already shown he can't play at Malkin's level. Glass? Jesus that would be a surreal sight.

Play Glass with Geno a few nights and lose a few important games... that could be Disco's undoing. Let's not forget he's probably on a short leash after losing three straight times in the 1st round of the playoffs (admittedly one is unfair to attribute to him but the other two aren't).

Glass or Kennedy or Sutter (?!!!) would piss me off the most. Here we solve the Staal problem and the reaction is to think about putting Malkin on the wing again? ****ing Pejorative Slured. That list almost seems like we're being trolled by Rossi. Were the names in quotes?

Last edited:

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
I fail to see the problem? Glass isn't just some fighter; he does have some skill. Glass will get down and dirty along the boards. For now, he's just there to keep things a flow and going to go nuts if anyone touches Geno. Why is this a problem?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Just wait until the super Duper Crosby Duper line is put together.

People think I'm being a clown, but I think DB is the exact coach that would do this.

After BB, Dupuis is as likely to be called up as anyone.

Maybe he will put Sid - Duper and then run 3 defense. That's his "tough to play" system.

I don't know much about BB's play. I haven't seen him. But I can't help but look at his stats in WBS and think he deserves a shot. Also TK, even though he wasted his shot last season. Tangradi - if he can?

Antaris

Totally Trustworthy
Dec 5, 2010
Sweden
I still think we should've signed Mueller, he'd be a good fit there instead of this Glass madness.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010
I'm surprised he didn't even mention that Jeffery or Tangradi were options. He may aswell have thrown Adams on that list

Dupree13

Aug 2, 2005
Pittsburgh
I fail to see the problem? Glass isn't just some fighter; he does have some skill. Glass will get down and dirty along the boards. For now, he's just there to keep things a flow and going to go nuts if anyone touches Geno. Why is this a problem?

Come on man. 13G, 26A in 269 career games. It's not remotely plausible.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I think it's pretty obvious that there's a battle to be had between Tangradi & Jeffrey for that spot. If one of them can step up and claim the spot, it's a win-win for the player and the team. If one of those guys can't do it, I think we have a problem, and Shero may need to look to pull the trigger on a trade.

-While I'm much higher on TK than a lot of others here, I think he should remain with Cooke flanking Sutter, because it will keep some continuity & chemistry on that line with a new centre. So while I think Kennedy could play in top-6 role, I think, at least for now, he's a better fit on that line.

- Cooke, Glass or other bottom 6 guys are just not good enough. I'd rather make a trade. The only guy who could possibly work is Cooke, and that's only if there's some great chemistry on a 3rd line with Jeffrey or Tangradi in Cooke's place; and I question this scenario, because I'm not sure either guy can match the speed, physicality, energy and defensive play that Cooke consistently brings to the 3rd line.

- Regarding Sutter: the truth is, I think he could work well on the wing on either top our top-2 lines just because of his overall skill level, but I wouldn't do this, and here's why: this is a player that we have to re-sign this summer, and I would love him to be really solid (as opposed to super awesome) just until we can get him re-signed to a contract at a reasonable cap-hit. If we put him next to Sid or Geno and he explodes, then perhaps we'll have to pay him bigger $$, which could give us some issues longer-term.

Now, having said that about Sutter: I have long said that I believe Jeffrey (this was before he got injured, mind you) could be an excellent 3rd line centre. If he can get back to his pre-injury level, and if he doesn't transition well to LW, we could have an option to put him at 3rd line C and Sutter on wing on the top-2 lines.

But aside from the above, I don't see any other scenario that makes sense. I don't think it would be wise to bring Bennett up yet, and I don't see anyone else in this organization to fit that role right now. So I think it's Tangradi, Jeffrey or trade.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'm surprised he didn't even mention that Jeffery or Tangradi were options. He may aswell have thrown Adams on that list

Yah it makes no sense; he's almost certain to give both of those guys a look in camp.

jmelm: according to the article Bylsma was mentioning Sutter WRT to face-offs and moving up to that line; I interpreted that as doing the same stupid thing we did with Staal from time to time, playing him at C and Geno on the wing. Either way if Sutter isn't centering line 3 to start, it's a major brain fart IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad