• Yes

• Maybe

• No

• Do Dogs Bark?

Results are only viewable after voting.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Whose buying it? Why/Why not?

Personally I'm 50/50. The game looks like a literal roster patch. So disappointing. I tweeted to both EASports NHL managers about how disappointed I am...no response.

On the other hand I play NHL so much that I would enjoy even a basic roster update. It's kind of sad that's all it takes for me :/

What about you guys?

Last edited:
Reactions: bh53

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I haven't gotten a full year out of any of 17, 18, or 19. Every year I put the game down earlier and earlier.

Time to learn my lesson. Considering that there seems to be minimal changes from 19 to 20, for the first time in 15 years, I'm going to take a pass on NHL 2020.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I haven't gotten a full year out of any of 17, 18, or 19. Every year I put the game down earlier and earlier.

Time to learn my lesson. Considering that there seems to be minimal changes from 19 to 20, for the first time in 15 years, I'm going to take a pass on NHL 2020.
ur gnna buy and u know it, I havnt seriously played NHL games since I was a kid playing NHL02, I started to get bored after a month around 2012. every time I dunno why prob something else comes out. but Im excited to get 20 just maybe there will be something better about it and the updated players/fun building teams

I honestly spent twice maybe 3 times as much time just building teams and making moves over playing the damn game. lol

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Looking like a big fat no so far. Their main feature is some fancy shot that they replicating from 3 players... They are so far behind Madden and NBA 2k series its beyond sad.

Both of those series' are garbage now too. Especially 2k. Madden is like NHL, stuck in a perpetual state of same. Every one of 2k's changes since 2k17 have been awful.

As for NHL. Yeah, I'll get it, because I enjoy EASHL and its the only mode in the game that I play.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Both of those series' are garbage now too. Especially 2k. Madden is like NHL, stuck in a perpetual state of same. Every one of 2k's changes since 2k17 have been awful.

As for NHL. Yeah, I'll get it, because I enjoy EASHL and its the only mode in the game that I play.

Just bought NBA 2k19 during that E3 sale, even if its the worst 2k this generation, blows NHL out of water in every way possible.

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Heck no. HUT has ruined the series, microtransaction ultimate teams are destroying sports games.

It's at the point where you are a sucker if you buy it, it's not a product it's a scam. Can't wait for the day someone digs into their code and finds illegal rubberbnding code that rewards the suckers that buy microtransactions. Oh wait, that just happened.

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
I bought it only to play EASHL with my buddies, but the mode is so rigged, it takes all the fun out of it. EA scripting kicks in and just makes you throw your controller around.I could write an essay with everything that’s wrong with just that mode itself. I think im gonna hard pass this year...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Just bought NBA 2k19 during that E3 sale, even if its the worst 2k this generation, blows NHL out of water in every way possible.

Sure, but it's a far cry from the series' A-day. 2k14-16 is the best era of 2k games...and then E-Sports happened.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
I didn't get '19, so I might pick it up. It depends more on whether I keep my PS4 when I move in the near future.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Nope, was so frustrated by 18 I wasn’t buying 19, but was bored when the beta was out so gave it a shot. To my surprise they had fixed a lot of the gameplay issues with 18. So I bought 19, and not even a month later they added the 10 tuners and updates, and completely reverted the game back to the 18 gameplay. So this will be my last year playing. I’m a big HUT player and the mode itself has become toxic so it’s probably for the best

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Whose buying it? Why/Why not?

Personally I'm 50/50. The game looks like a literal roster patch. So disappointing. I tweeted to both EASports NHL managers about how disappointed I am...no response.

On the other hand I play NHL so much that I would enjoy even a basic roster update. It's kind of sad that's all it takes for me :/

What about you guys?

I only play Online Versus so yes, I will buy the game because all I need is a roster patch. You can't really expect too many new features until a next gen console is released...

penaltykiller

Feb 19, 2007
province of quebec
At this point , I don't want to buy any version of EA Sports NHL as long as they don't have roster share. Also, I'd like more customization when starting a new career mode. ex:An original 6 only league with 2 playoffs rounds. I know we'll never get historical teams or the world juniors. At least let the users create them. I'm not a big basketball fan , but I play NBA2k and I'm so jealous...

Reactions: Roman Fell

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I only play Online Versus so yes, I will buy the game because all I need is a roster patch. You can't really expect too many new features until a next gen console is released...

Isn't this what everyone said before the PS4 and XB1 came out? And we're still waiting for those changes/upgrades.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I loved 13 and 14 so after 15 i said never again. 16 they made it sound like it was back to where 14 was so i fell for it. Then i fell for it again when they said 17 will be where 14 was. Turns out that was a lie and 18 was also a lie and 19 finally had some parts of 14 right. I highly doubt I pick up 20 but i lied to myself and other about this before. I would like to wait until it has its first price drop for when i do cave and buy it.

On the other hand yall should check out Super Blood Hockey. Tons of fun and laughs. Pure arcade style. Has selling organs to pay for your team, steroids, murder, selling players for cash, drugs, and so much else. Really fun.

Reactions: Apocalypse Dude

MikeyDee

Dec 29, 2017
Metro Detroit
On the fence. I may just rent it at first and then make a decision. I've done that in the past when I think EA has not made enough improvements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad