• Yes

• Maybe

• No

• Do Dogs Bark?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Def not at launch. In September alone, 3 games come out that are far more worth one's money; Borderlands 3, Link's Awakening Remake, and Monster Hunter: Icebourne.

Jon Bonham

Jun 24, 2019
I loved 13 and 14 so after 15 i said never again. 16 they made it sound like it was back to where 14 was so i fell for it. Then i fell for it again when they said 17 will be where 14 was. Turns out that was a lie and 18 was also a lie and 19 finally had some parts of 14 right. I highly doubt I pick up 20 but i lied to myself and other about this before. I would like to wait until it has its first price drop for when i do cave and buy it.
A simple maybe could've worked.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I got NHL 19 a few weeks ago for like $10. It was the first NHL game I bought since NHL legacy and I played around with the new features in GM mode. I enjoyed it for a few days, but it still has some of the same problems as well as some new ones. Owner mode and the scouting is way too much micromanaging. The morale system sucks. I used to spend hours playing these games, but they've just sucked the fun out of it. None of the other game modes interest me and I don't see any reason to spend full price on this game next year or the years after that until significant changes are made.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
No. I really mean that. I am playing NBA 2k18 right now and oh my god is this game fun. The career mode is OUTSTANDING. I don't like basketball one bit but this game is so much fun. I'd rather spend $60 on NBA 2k20 than NHL 20.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I am normally pretty down on the series, but this season they have new commentary, new animations, and if the goaltending is improved as advertised, then I will purchase. I will wait to see if that actually equals an improved game experience before deciding.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I bought it only to play EASHL with my buddies, but the mode is so rigged, it takes all the fun out of it. EA scripting kicks in and just makes you throw your controller around.I could write an essay with everything that’s wrong with just that mode itself. I think im gonna hard pass this year...

Look up EA DDA and all your questions will be answered. They are putting better player/teams at a disadvantage in hopes of a close game/keeping the less skilled player around. Instead of getting beat like they should and getting better at the game.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
I haven't missed one in more than a decade, so yep.

Plus Matthews is on the cover. And I played NHL 19 a ton.

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Yes.

Play Three's with the buds.

Franchise mode finally has a trade finder, so I'll be buying because of that too. Makes a massive difference IMO

Yeah the trade finder and coaches are what did it for me. I'm a Franchise player so I'll be buying just for those features

ZlobaPlays

Jul 3, 2019
Well, i've just started with NHL 19 and think it's really close to the real thing. NHL 20 is a definite buy for me right at the release.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
That video reminds me how good hockey games can be. That attention to detail gives you so much immersion that is just lacking in the current EA games.

Playing the current gen of EA NHL games just feels mechanical, and this video kinda shows how in comparison with an decade old game.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
Was literally one of the best EASHL players on Xbox on nhl 17 and 18. Didn’t even bother playing on 20, got sick of how bs it is. I will be buying again but I just wanted to say I watched a video last night comparing NHL 2k10 to NHL 19 and it was quite eye opening. I miss the NHL 2k games.

Funny enough that is exactly the video I was talking about above

Sep 19, 2008
That video reminds me how good hockey games can be. That attention to detail gives you so much immersion that is just lacking in the current EA games.

Playing the current gen of EA NHL games just feels mechanical, and this video kinda shows how in comparison with an decade old game.

when a game from 2010 is better than a EA product from 2019 :laugh:

Good informative video.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
989 Studios had some amazing games as well. They had the NHL Faceoff series.

NHL Championship 2000 was a hidden gem, and the fact it was like a 20-25 dollar game over 50-60 was nice.

They had a long list of free agents in case you wanted to tweak the rosters. At that time EA didn't have FAs if I recall correctly.
The commentary had interesting insight into players.
The big thing for me was the ability to manually swap the defensive pairings. At that time and for many years to come, the EA series would auto swap the D pairing when you change the forwards.
oD7iUfQ.png

Since it was a Fox production, they had their puckTrax in the game, which you could turn off.

Just watched some old clips, seems you had choice of the 3rd jersey back than, nice.

Kinda hard to find any information on that one these days.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Wow really makes you realize how little EA does year to year.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Game often goes on sale 40-50% off by December, probably going to do that this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad