Are you buying NHL 20

• Yes

• Maybe

• No

• Do Dogs Bark?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Last (fun) iteration of NHL was NHL13 and NHL14. I've tried the newer versions, but have only enjoyed NHL17 after renting 15,16,18 and 19.

I also wish there was more competition with hockey titles. NHL Faceoff 2001 is a lot more fun than what NHL 19 was..

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I just wish NHL 20 would have no errors in terms of player statistics. I've witnessed goalies in NHL 19 winning the Vezina and Jennings, because of some bug that made their GAA 0.05 and SV% 0.997, and, of course, with no shutouts.

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
I used to buy and play the NHL games religiously every year, up until NHL 13 or so. I keep checking to see if they've actually updated the game modes to a reasonable level. Last one I bought was NHL 16, and so far nothing I've seen about NHL 20 makes me believe that drought will be broken.

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
It's a no from me dawg.
Soundtracks have gotten worse, gameplay hasn't changed since maybe 2015, they seem hellbent on making One's and HUT the main selling point.

But I could forgive all of that had they not lied to us last year with showing Gretzky in the Oilers uniform, implying you could move the legends to main roster kind of deal.

I'm gonna sit this one out personally.

Reactions: Mlotek

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
ur gnna buy and u know it, I havnt seriously played NHL games since I was a kid playing NHL02, I started to get bored after a month around 2012. every time I dunno why prob something else comes out. but Im excited to get 20 just maybe there will be something better about it and the updated players/fun building teams

I honestly spent twice maybe 3 times as much time just building teams and making moves over playing the damn game. lol

Nah not this year, maybe not next year either.

This isn't me protesting or being upset with EA. The past few years my interest in video games in general has waned significantly, I barely play anymore. I'm also just busier these days and have less time for games.

Reactions: Oley49

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
For far too long, EA Sports was wheelbarrowing money in from just roster updates each year on everyone one of their sports titles with just yearly roster updates that they forgot to actually forgot to improve their games.

Or didn't.

EA is one greedy ass mot*********

MillanDynasty

Oct 6, 2015
Montreal
Nope.

I bought NHL 19 at 20$ not even two weeks ago and I feel completely robbed and screwed. This franchise is pretty much dead at this point.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I'll buy it to save time editing rosters and with hopefully updated size/weights to players.

I used to be an EASHL drop in fiend, and had been excited about the world of chel mode but its ruined 6v6 drop ins, there are too many gamemodes and so the userbase is now spread out, its a lot harder to find a game. Additional to that there was a weird NAT issue that blocked me from entering 99.5% of all games for the first couple months I had the game until I went into my routers settings and created some exceptions. I think out of trying to play a drop in a few times a day I only got to play 2 or 3 games in two months, I got booted in the lobby or lag dropped every single time, which was totally unacceptable

I also don't like the casual clothing models for playing 6v6, it kind of messes with the flow

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Nope from me. Played NHL 14 on my 360 for quite a few years and upgraded to PS4 and NHL 18 and feel like the game didn't change, but got worse. Don't plan on buying another game til they change the gameplay and focus more on offline modes.

Reactions: Willy1964

Willy1964

Sep 6, 2018
Yes.

Play Three's with the buds.

Franchise mode finally has a trade finder, so I'll be buying because of that too. Makes a massive difference IMO
.... guess will not make much diffrence. Same as the scouting system last year. First two years doesn’t need this scouting system and turned it off cause have very good knowledge about existing prospects, also created more than 200 hundred missing players. So it’s useless for me cause playing all 82 games NHL and AHL with 7min period including Play Offs and this takes me a lot of time. So much more than two seasons I do not play. A main pointbto buy would be Roster sharing, better options to create players, Face scan and pic upload from PC to account and missing player and a Goalie mask creator app. All these things as I know will not come. The 95% generic bot faces are a joke in this game. No other popular Sport game has this mess faces.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
the gameplay has been going down since 96. I wont buy it again and if my gf buys it for Christmas I will return it. nhl 19 is easily the most frustrating game ive ever played

Reactions: Mlotek

n00bxQb

Jul 26, 2010
Boxing Day at the earliest, probably not until the regular season is over and only if it’s like $20.

Sad because it used to be a pre-order/day 1 buy for me on the previous generation of consoles (assuming I didn’t get it for free from EA).

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Both of those series' are garbage now too. Especially 2k. Madden is like NHL, stuck in a perpetual state of same. Every one of 2k's changes since 2k17 have been awful.

As for NHL. Yeah, I'll get it, because I enjoy EASHL and its the only mode in the game that I play.
Literally the only reason I'm going to buy.

I use to love playing BeaGm. Now I get instantly bored.

I use to love playing be a pro and now I get instantly bored.

Only reason I play anymore is for EASHL and Versus

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
This is the first year since the game was first released that i'm not planning to get it

I haven't played 19 in months, despite that the Bruins were deep in a playoff run, I never took the game back out.

I'm counting myself out until they add a roster share, and improve the offline modes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Both of those series' are garbage now too. Especially 2k. Madden is like NHL, stuck in a perpetual state of same. Every one of 2k's changes since 2k17 have been awful.

As for NHL. Yeah, I'll get it, because I enjoy EASHL and its the only mode in the game that I play.

Speak for yourself.

NBA 2K19 is a great game. Madden has felt the same for the last few years though. I feel it needs a menu refresh and maybe even a presentation refresh more than anything.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Speak for yourself.

NBA 2K19 is a great game. Madden has felt the same for the last few years though. I feel it needs a menu refresh and maybe even a presentation refresh more than anything.

I'm glad you enjoy the games, but my opinion, while maybe not the majority, is definitely a very loud portion of its fanbase. Especially with the base that has been playing the game a long time. At least with 2k, which was once an excellent series and a must buy every year. Madden I dropped after 15 and only returned for 19, which is good, but not a whole lot different.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Haven't purchased an EA NHL game in years, and whatever they have shown and whatever info they have thus far released doesn't compel me to change my mind.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
I bought it only to play EASHL with my buddies, but the mode is so rigged, it takes all the fun out of it. EA scripting kicks in and just makes you throw your controller around.I could write an essay with everything that’s wrong with just that mode itself. I think im gonna hard pass this year...
You think EA is scripting kicks in the game to rig the mode against your team?

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I will buy because last week I bought PS Plus for the first time since getting a PS4. Been playing Be a GM and beating Allstar like 8-1 every game and just got into HUT last week. Addicted since it's brand new to me. Don't really care if they have new features next year because a fresh year of HUT not being behind everyone wrt team overall will be new enough for me.

Reactions: Juippi

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
NHL 17 was the last game i bought, and i probably played an hour of it.

That being said i'm getting it this year because I'm excited to play franchise mode with the Rangers and all their new young players.

Plus the new broadcast crew and presentation was MUCH needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5150

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Nope, I give up. Be a Pro is my favorite mode and they don't care about it at all, so there's no point in me continuing to buy the product.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad