Speculation: Buy-low candidates

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Max Domi is a more talented Versteeg. He's a great piece on the right team. AA out of Detroit is another one I'd be interested in if he's cheap.

If the Oilers are intent on being the Oilers Klefbom is a guy I'd absolutely be in on. Chia is absolutely dumb enough to value a guy like Seabrook to boot. Seabrook+Hino+Nashville's first for Klef? I'd do it all day. Gives them a first and a cheap winger who can keep up with McDavid.

If Stan could pull that off, we should all be required to send Stan handwritten thank-you notes.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Max Domi is a more talented Versteeg. He's a great piece on the right team. AA out of Detroit is another one I'd be interested in if he's cheap.

If the Oilers are intent on being the Oilers Klefbom is a guy I'd absolutely be in on. Chia is absolutely dumb enough to value a guy like Seabrook to boot. Seabrook+Hino+Nashville's first for Klef? I'd do it all day. Gives them a first and a cheap winger who can keep up with McDavid.
you have been much higher on Domi than most of us, I do not see why you continue to want this guy, his IQ is just poor and his goal totals have just plummeted since his rookie year. In his last 150 games he has 18 goals, hard pass for me...I don't seem him anywhere near Versteg's level of creativity and ability to generate offense with and without the puck...

Totally would take Klefbom though, would do that trade in a heartbeat as well, and retain 20% as well for Seabs just to remove him so we can use that space for younger assets.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Could Tony DeAngelo be a name? I know he’s a RHD, but he has potential to be a PP quarterback.
I think his days are almost numbered in the NHL. He really hasn't come anywhere close to the player he was in the OHL, and though not hearing much about attitude issues anymore, probably not the guy we want to bring in for Q to watch play once and then squash the next 3 months in the press box/minors.

If he can't make the Rangers out of camp this year, kid should start to get real worried soon.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
you have been much higher on Domi than most of us, I do not see why you continue to want this guy, his IQ is just poor and his goal totals have just plummeted since his rookie year. In his last 150 games he has 18 goals, hard pass for me...I don't seem him anywhere near Versteg's level of creativity and ability to generate offense with and without the puck...

Totally would take Klefbom though, would do that trade in a heartbeat as well, and retain 20% as well for Seabs just to remove him so we can use that space for younger assets.

Talent is undeniable and he's got a high motor. Doesn't think the game well but I really think leaving the desert will be great for him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Talent is undeniable and he's got a high motor. Doesn't think the game well but I really think leaving the desert will be great for him.
he is fast, but so is Hino who I think can do a great job next year if positioned properly. it's the goals DHF, the guy just doesn't seem like he can process the game at a fast enough rate...and his shot has leveled off, seems like a lot of weak wristers in the games I saw.

what would you be willing to move to get the guy?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Like I said, not a lot. Hino is a good comp. Let Domi be A guy instead of THE guy and I really like his upside.
would you move pick #27 for him?? Maybe package the Hossa contract and pick #27 to the Yotes for Domi and maybe a 3rd rounder back or something like that?? Domi is an RFA as well, no clue what the hell he would sign for, but I can't imagine it being more than $2.5 mil with what he has done the past 2 years...

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
would you move pick #27 for him?? Maybe package the Hossa contract and pick #27 to the Yotes for Domi and maybe a 3rd rounder back or something like that?? Domi is an RFA as well, no clue what the hell he would sign for, but I can't imagine it being more than $2.5 mil with what he has done the past 2 years...

It would have me thinking.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
For sure. He'd really help the PP too. We need a trigger man.

Thankfully the Joker is good at this...which would mean in the not-to-distant future we could, if somehow we landed Klef, have 2 guys at the blueline who, unlike Keith, can hit something else besides the opposition's shins.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I think that de Haan is one of the best bets for someone that might sign for a reasonable cost (due to the injuries) but who might be able to play at more than just a bottom-pairing level.

Reactions: Blue Liner

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Giving up too much...Yotes should be giving up a pick for Hossa’s contract given the rising cap floor. Current Domi plus a third isn’t worth 27. I’d rather take 27 and add a third to move up 5-7 spots.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Karl Alzner received 4.65M x 5..

De Haan is younger, but Alzner has a bigger reputation, and doesn't have 'size' so maybe he gets 4M x 4-5.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
it will be a player market especially on defense...we are all hoping to land a De Haan or Moore for around $4 mil...I just have my doubts with the pathetic amount of depth available this FA season...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
to move that Hossa contract out and get access to that cap right away instead of after the season starts, AND get a player like Domi who could do well here if playing with the right guys..for a #27th pick that has a low chance of being anything better than Domi has me thinking as well...I think both Arizona and the Hawks make good trade partners yet again in a number of ways...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad