Burrows retires

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Happy he played for my two teams. Was a Van hero and I was happy he came here. Not the best trade given what happened last year, but he was 1st star in 2-3 games down the stretch that got us into the playoffs for our epic run, and scored at around a .5ppg clip. That's the kind of production you want to buy at the TDL if you're making a run.

If Dahlen becomes a good player, well, at least he plays for the Nucks which will be great for my power group!

The Professional

Sens Army Special Operations Command
Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
Good f***ing riddance. Guy was a huge diving, cheapshotting rat and it was a disgrace to see him in a Sens jersey. Even worst that he basically took Neil's spot on the roster and it forced Neiler into retirement. Would really have rather re-signed Neil for another season instead of having Burrows; seeing an all-time Sens legend like Neil play one last year would at least have been a small positive point in the train wreck that was last season.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Find it really funny we signed him to a 2-year deal in 2017 and in 2018 he's an Assistant coach in the Montreal organization being paid by us.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
One down, a few more to go .... hopefully, Gaborik should be next.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
and no one gives a duck

we immediately lose the trade if dahlen makes it to the big leagues this season.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Adieu, Alex. Now you can go mentor kids on how to properly knee someone in the back of the head.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Mendes asked if Burrows had ever experienced such negative energy as he did in the last 8-9 months in Ottawa and he said no, he's never seen anything like it... doesn't blame one thing "Eugene, the coaches, the players... Karl... it's not just one thing".

When he says Karl, btw, it seems as though he is just referencing Karl being unsigned and is not alluding to anything we don't already know (just in case anyone wants to try to spin the comment...).

Good interview overall, he's a smart guy. Wise of him to go into coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad