Burrows retires

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
giphy.gif

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Congrats Burrows. Some of my best hockey memories are cheering on Van with my brother on their last finals run with one of the best being the game 7 OT winner against chicago. Burrows was a beast for a few years, but was just too old once he got here.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Good solid player, he'll be a really good manager one day, his teammates loved him and so did his coaches.

Great career for a guy who wasn't supposed to make it. That extra $5 million at the end of his career is just an agent taking advantage of a rookie GM.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Had some good years for the Canucks and beat the odds to make it to the NHL.. Have to give him a lot of credit. Bad deal for Dorion to make .. but Burrows was a good player earlier in his career.

Reactions: Cosmix

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Maybe his presence was felt more off the ice, in the dressing room as the high character, veteran leader that everyone respected and kept them all pulling in the same directi....I can't, I just can't.

Sorry, hope he enjoys retirement. He was a beast in his prime. But looking back at the last year, and listening to clips of him being described as a veteran presence in the dressing room (a dressing room that fell into utter chaos), and knowing that he was frequently placed on lists of the dirtiest NHL players, leaves one to wonder if a more respected voice would have helped.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Congrats for such a great career Alex! It’s funny because when he played in my deck league (which was very competitive), he wasn’t allowed to shoot the puck, he could only pass and make plays lol. Still, no one thought he would make the NHL and had such an impact as he was undrafted, maybe some his friends. This guy was friendly with everybody, such a great personality, I like charismatic people.

I think his skating ability, his instincts and his passion for the game allowed him to make it this far.

I still find it a bit odd Burrows is so hated on here but Ruutu was pretty well liked by the fan base.

That’s because Doopsrion gave a much better prospect than he should have and that he still went with the trade even if Burrows would only accept to come here with that extension. That was putting a big « hate » target on the player among a portion of a Canadian fanbase...

Many guys are controversial on the ice, but still fan favorites among their teammates and their fanbase (Marchand, Kadri, Ruutu, etc). Hockey is a game of agression as well and guys like that certainly throw off opponents with their antics that might go too far sometimes.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad