Burns has 0 GOALS

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
You're tired of people asking what's going on with him?

How about some insight, assuming you watch their games? I asked if people thought he was hurt in the other (most recent) thread and am still waiting for a reply from any Sharks fan. Typically fans can share some knowledge as to whether they suspect a player is playing with an injury- but obviously we aren't privy to all of the inner workings of a team...

I've replied in this thread and other threads.

what else do you want?

I know you're quoting the other guy, but there have been MULTIPLE shark fans responding, including in this thread.

Since about the 10 game mark, I've seen 2-3 Burns threads asking the same thing, we do answer.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's shooting a ton, more than prior years, what's the quality of shots like? I haven't watched nearly enough of the sharks to make an informed opinion based on that, but here's some of the fancy stats compared:

Stat\year2016-172017-18
iCF/6021.6324.14
iSCF/605.444.39
iHDCF/600.830.17
ixGF/600.370.33
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Based on the numbers, the quality of chances appears to be down significantly; add some poor puck luck into the mix, and low confidence as the slump continues...

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Same thing that's wrong with Crosby. They both suck now. :help:

Most likely just a b ad start, but I haven't watched a single game.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
I've replied in this thread and other threads.

what else do you want?

I know you're quoting the other guy, but there have been MULTIPLE shark fans responding, including in this thread.

Since about the 10 game mark, I've seen 2-3 Burns threads asking the same thing, we do answer.

I appreciate the reply. What I asked here, and in the other thread, is if he is hurt. I've seen lots of responses saying he's still shooting the puck, and others saying that he isn't moving the way he used to- so I guess in my mind that all points to him labouring, but nobody has suggested that.

And to be frank, most of the replies that are made, are sarcastic...which I understand, too, if your player/team is disappointing you with their play...

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You're tired of people asking what's going on with him?

How about some insight, assuming you watch their games? I asked if people thought he was hurt in the other (most recent) thread and am still waiting for a reply from any Sharks fan. Typically fans can share some knowledge as to whether they suspect a player is playing with an injury- but obviously we aren't privy to all of the inner workings of a team...

Sharks fans, including myself, have answered this question multiple times in every single main forums Burns thread. Every single one. But since it apparently missed all those ones, I’ll give you the same exact answer I’ve given all those times.

1) Burns is not moving laterally to open up shooting lanes like he did last year, isn’t getting as close to the net before he shoots like he did last year, and waiting too long to shoot so the defender has time to block it.

2) He’s shooting for the tip from Pavelski rather than shooting to score way too often, and Pavelski blows.

3) Related to point two, the only Sharks forwards with any offensive talent at all this season are Couture, Donskoi, and Hertl. They play on the same line and they play as the shutdown line and so are almost always on with the Vlasic pair rather than the Burns pair. Thornton and Pavelski have been hot garbage so Burns is getting absolutely zero help from his forwards. They rely too much on him and don’t do squat to help. I’m glad we didn’t sign Marleau to the contract the Leafs did but we do absolutely miss him. Pavelski and Thornton played by far their best hockey last season when they were with Marleau.

4) DeBoer’s system is absurdly defensive. The Sharks are the best defensive team in the whole league, so that part is working, but they’re also the worst offensive team. Burns suffers for it. As does the whole team.

5) Joakim Ryan is Burns’ partner. Ryan is unequivocally better than Martin but I think it’s possible that Burns doesn’t know that and thinks that he can’t be as aggressive because Ryan can’t handle his slip ups like Martin can. He’s wrong, but I think that mindset has something to do with it.

6) He’s getting unlucky. You can’t have that many shots on goal without a goal and not be getting screwed at least a little by the hockey gods.

7) The Sharks power play is the worst power play in the history of the NHL. That’s probably a slight exaggeration, but only slight. Part of that is Burns’ fault, but the majority is on the Sharks forwards and the coach.

8) Related to all the above points: the Sharks’ offensive game plan is quite literally “pass to Burns and wait for him to shoot”. It’s a horrible plan.

Is that enough for you?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Brent Burns sucks, luckily we're only gonna pay him another 64 million dollars until he turns 40 years old

Steve Spott sucks, luckily he's the guy we've tasked to run our trash awful atrocious power play unit for the last 4 seasons without so much as a whisper of discontent from the front office

The Sharks team sucks, luckily we're gonna be locked into a combined $20.75M annually spent on 3 players over the next 7 seasons who are 27, 30, and 32 years old and only one of whom actually scores points (and he's the guy this thread is about who has 0 goals)

San Jose sucks, luckily it's an overcrowded, oversized, overpriced suburb that our young talent will surely be asking to be traded away from once they realize that the hockey team's window for contention slammed shut in game 6 of the 2016 SCF

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sharks fans, including myself, have answered this question multiple times in every single main forums Burns thread. Every single one. But since it apparently missed all those ones, I’ll give you the same exact answer I’ve given all those times.

1) Burns is not moving laterally to open up shooting lanes like he did last year, isn’t getting as close to the net before he shoots like he did last year, and waiting too long to shoot so the defender has time to block it.

2) He’s shooting for the tip from Pavelski rather than shooting to score way too often, and Pavelski blows.

3) Related to point two, the only Sharks forwards with any offensive talent at all this season are Couture, Donskoi, and Hertl. They play on the same line and they play as the shutdown line and so are almost always on with the Vlasic pair rather than the Burns pair. Thornton and Pavelski have been hot garbage so Burns is getting absolutely zero help from his forwards. They rely too much on him and don’t do squat to help. I’m glad we didn’t sign Marleau to the contract the Leafs did but we do absolutely miss him. Pavelski and Thornton played by far their best hockey last season when they were with Marleau.

4) DeBoer’s system is absurdly defensive. The Sharks are the best defensive team in the whole league, so that part is working, but they’re also the worst offensive team. Burns suffers for it. As does the whole team.

5) Joakim Ryan is Burns’ partner. Ryan is unequivocally better than Martin but I think it’s possible that Burns doesn’t know that and thinks that he can’t be as aggressive because Ryan can’t handle his slip ups like Martin can. He’s wrong, but I think that mindset has something to do with it.

6) He’s getting unlucky. You can’t have that many shots on goal without a goal and not be getting screwed at least a little by the hockey gods.

7) The Sharks power play is the worst power play in the history of the NHL. That’s probably a slight exaggeration, but only slight. Part of that is Burns’ fault, but the majority is on the Sharks forwards and the coach.

8) Related to all the above points: the Sharks’ offensive game plan is quite literally “pass to Burns and wait for him to shoot”. It’s a horrible plan.

Is that enough for you?

So, no indication of any injury? I think that's what he was initially asking about.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
I don't even think it has much to do with Ryan at all since this drought has been going on since the last quarter of last season as well. I would say luck is a part of it because at this point last season, he had less shots and 7-8 goals, but I think a lot of it is just scouting. Teams know that passing it to the point and hoping for a deflection is all the Sharks can do, and Deboer isn't adjusting. The system really has no offensive creativity at all.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's just not that good and was having unreal luck the past 2 seasons. He's come down to earth and the contract looks worse and worse by the minute.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

Is that enough for you?
But why male models?

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
wow so you dont support that hockey supports cancer thing wow i hope you realize he does that and why not he shaves
Posters were going to joke about Burns beard. I doubt anyone is "for" cancer :skeptic:

He could at least keep it to a reasonable length. I think Burns and ol' Joe look ridiculous.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Posters were going to joke about Burns beard. I doubt anyone is "for" cancer :skeptic:

He could at least keep it to a reasonable length. I think Burns and ol' Joe look ridiculous.
my thing is, you can be unique and an individual and a special snowflake when you're clearly displaying your talent and no one can dispute it

when you're garbage, you need to fall in line. he's garbage right now.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
my thing is, you can be unique and an individual and a special snowflake when you're clearly displaying your talent and no one can dispute it

when you're garbage, you need to fall in line. he's garbage right now.
And that's a ridiculous stance to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad