Burns and Karlsson VS Tavares and Matthews

who will be more dominant this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Dont u guys ever learn? Always bragging early in the season but quiet in April. Tavares and Matthews are both proven playoff chokers while both Burns and Karlsson have commanded playoff runs.

"And washington always loses to Pitts..."

Oh wait.

Post less with your heart, and more with your head.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
So you think karlsson isn't the best player in this thread? Oh man this is hysterical.

Not anymore.

I dont think he's been the same since the ankle surgery. And considering what everyone says about the surgery he had, I'm not surprised.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
"And washington always loses to Pitts..."

Oh wait.
I dont see how thats related in anyway to what i said? Washington has always been very close. Meanwhile Matthews looks like an AHLer in playoffs and has Tavares ever won a round? Very different to losing to the cup winners every year.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
OMG the luls.

Karlsson >>>>>>>>Tavares>>Burns>/=Matthews....gotta be my favorite post.

AND THIS IS JUST IN THE FIRST FEW PAGES!?

What a great read.

Not sure why you quoted me, Karlsson has had a much slower start than anyone would've imagined and theyre only 8 points apart total right now. I doubt Matthews stays on the pace he is and same with Karlsson. Like I said it would take an injury to make this close but I'm not surprised Matthews has already missed time.

8 points and you think its that funny? 2 superstar centermen picked 1st overall are being compared to 2 dmen and theyre only 8 points ahead right now with over 30% of the season gone. If Karlsson heats up and Matthews shoulder goes a little wonky again I wonder if youll still be laughing this hard. Like I said, its not likely to happen but with an injury here or there I wouldnt be that surprised either

If Karlsson had played the start of this season at a 60 point pace (which is conservative for him) they would only be 4 points apart.

Reactions: Hugh Mungus

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I dont see how thats related in anyway to what i said? Washington has always been very close. Meanwhile Matthews looks like an AHLer in playoffs and has Tavares ever won a round? Very different to losing to the cup winners every year.

It's called relying on cliches...

You probably shouldn't do that.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Not sure why you quoted me, Karlsson has had a much slower start than anyone would've imagined and theyre only 8 points apart total right now. I doubt Matthews stays on the pace he is and same with Karlsson. Like I said it would take an injury to make this close but I'm not surprised Matthews has already missed time.

8 points and you think its that funny? 2 superstar centermen picked 1st overall are being compared to 2 dmen and theyre only 8 points ahead right now with over 30% of the season gone. If Karlsson heats up and Matthews shoulder goes a little wonky again I wonder if youll still be laughing this hard. Like I said, its not likely to happen but with an injury here or there I wouldnt be that surprised either

If Karlsson had played the start of this season at a 60 point pace (which is conservative for him) they would only be 4 points apart.
Its embarrassing that they are bumping threads in November lol. Theres still 75% of the season left. They love swarming the mainboards after every little streak.

Reactions: Regal

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
It's called relying on cliches...

You probably shouldn't do that.
Doesnt change the fact Tavares and Matthews cant hold a candle to the success Burns and Karlsson have had compared to them. These 2 have not much too prove so i can understand a slow start whereas Tavares and Matthews have never done anything notable in their careers so they will come out flying but its only been like 20 something games.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017

Oh you are playing the "what if's" card.

Cool.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
OMG the luls.

Karlsson >>>>>>>>Tavares>>Burns>/=Matthews....gotta be my favorite post.

AND THIS IS JUST IN THE FIRST FEW PAGES!?

What a great read.

Someone posted Tavares and Matthews will outscore Karlsson and Burns by 60 points, and I asked which defenseman is going to miss half the season to make that happen, and you're trying to call that opinion out when currently, the Toronto duo has only an 8 point lead almost 1/3 of the way through the season? Any why, because of one game the Leafs won?
Yea, I'm pretty sure your terrible take (one of many) is more "HF gonna HF" than anything else

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Doesnt change the fact Tavares and Matthews cant hold a candle to the success Burns and Karlsson have had compared to them. These 2 have not much too prove so i can understand a slow start whereas Tavares and Matthews have never done anything notable in their careers so they will come out flying but its only been like 20 something games.

It's any cliche fella.

The past is in the past. Don't be counting on cliches to stay constant. They usually don't.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
Not anymore.

I dont think he's been the same since the ankle surgery. And considering what everyone says about the surgery he had, I'm not surprised.
His goal totals might have went down but he posted 54 assists the year before the surgery and 53 the year after.. he is just adjusting to a new team. But I expect nothing less of leafs fans to capitalize on this opportunity, so have fun while it lasts lol

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Someone posted Tavares and Matthews will outscore Karlsson and Burns by 60 points, and I asked which defenseman is going to miss half the season to make that happen, and you're trying to call that opinion out when currently, the Toronto duo has only an 8 point lead almost 1/3 of the way through the season? Any why, because of one game the Leafs won?
Yea, I'm pretty sure your terrible take (one of many) is more "HF gonna HF" than anything else

Guess we will save this thread for further luls and bump it at the end of the season?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
His goal totals might have went down but he posted 54 assists the year before the surgery and 53 the year after.. he is just adjusting to a new team. But I expect nothing less of leafs fans to capitalize on this opportunity, so have fun while it lasts lol

k.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
No, he's not. Matthews is easily the better player. Get over it.
Elite players dont become AHLers in the playoffs. Matthews is easy to contain in a series which is why he was so ineffective. He was like a Laine with a worse shot. And Tavares's playoff "success" speaks for itself.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Elite players dont become AHLers in the playoffs. Matthews is easy to contain in a series which is why he was so ineffective. He was like a Laine with a worse shot. And Tavares's playoff "success" speaks for itself.
Karlsson's 2nd playoff series was even worse than Matthews'

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Karlsson is a defensman his job is to defend and he did that very well in that series, Matthews' job is to create offense and he failed.
if you don't think Karlsson is tasked with creating offense, or Matthews isn't tasked with defensive responsibilities, you are mistaken. The argument is that an elite player can't have a bad playoff series, and that is ridiculous. don't defend it

Reactions: Tracer Bullet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad