Burke created this team, and Nonis is destroying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Tradign what became Sequin + Hamilton + 2nd is what killed his rebuild. His first move crippled this franchise for 5 years.

Oh now it was 2 players and a 2nd was it? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It will just never be let go by some of you.

Whether we have Seguin or Kessel this team and its holes are still the exact same. Only we know Kessel has thrived under this microscope while Seguin couldn't handle the pressure in his thus the trade to a non-hockey market.

Seriously some of you need to get a clue. Do we need to explain AGAIN how it's the 06 and 07 1sts that we got NOTHING for that are hurting us now way way WAYYYYY more then the Kessel trade ever will?

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
I feel at times we don't agree on certain things - but I was screaming this since 2003. yeup yeup yeup.

there is a reason why most of the organizations in the league are by one person. As much as you want to laugh at Ed Snyder - when he's not happy, people get fired. at the end of the day HE'S got to look at that team and go, nope - not happy. (or yeup am happy).

there needs to be clear leadership at top, and it all filters down.

case in point - the entire world knew there was going to be a lockout, JFJ goes: I have a plan that in 3-4 years we're going to be better, but we're going to suck right now. MLSE says, nope. we've gotta try to win. hence: Muskoka Five.

Ed Snyder's teams haven't won a Cup in almost 40 years so his methods are not working either.

If we had the Flyers 'success' we still wouldn't be content and they've done it every way possible in terms of rebuilding and came as close to winning as you can without doing so in terms of multiple SCF's in the past 3 decades.

jamesdolla

Dec 3, 2013
Toronto
Ed Snyder's teams haven't won a Cup in almost 40 years so his methods are not working either.

If we had the Flyers 'success' we still wouldn't be content and they've done it every way possible in terms of rebuilding and came as close to winning as you can without doing so in terms of multiple SCF's in the past 3 decades.

At least they can make it to the finals. Our poor excuse for a franchise only makes it to the finals when there's 6 teams in the league. We're a joke.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
At least they can make it to the finals. Our poor excuse for a franchise only makes it to the finals when there's 6 teams in the league. We're a joke.

So they're choosing to watch someone else celebrate with the Cup?

The point is that we look at them as if their model is better yet the same people saying that would be hear crying about 1967 even if we had the Flyers success because at the end of the day they haven't won anything lately either.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I might not be content, but I probably wouldn't have suicidal thoughts when thinking about my team either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad