Burke as Coach's Corner replacement?

Will he do good?

• Total voters

KingArthursCourt

pronouns: he/him/his
Nov 11, 2019
British Columbia
Now would be the perfect time to bring back George Stroumboulopoulos and move the show forward into the 2020s with a more modern, youthful, culturally relevant presentation. Pair him with Harnarayan Singh and offer viewers a fresh take on the sport with new blood that more accurately represents the modern culture of Canada.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
... Smart? Winning Pedigree? Mind for the game? Eloquent? Playing AND Exec Eperience? Actual Hockey Hall of Famer?

In other words, everything that Cherry lacked to make his job properly?

Welcome aboard, Hayley Wickenheiser.

I'd watch it

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
Tortorella would be better... but he’s not a good old Canadian boy so it wouldn’t happen

Oh and he has another job

Awwww. Trying to deride a Canadian television channel which is for Canadian viewers with the old piece of poop whining with the "good old Canadian boy" shtick. You poor babies.

Burke isn't Canadian either you poor things.

Kamus

Oct 21, 2005
What about Roach’s Corner with Jeremy Roenick?
Love this idea... Have one Canadian and Roenick... I would watch that...
I love Strudwick, has great stories, and i think would bounce off Roenick really well. I dont watch corner for analysis... I watch it to be entertained

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I feel like the best way to replace Coach's Corner is to do a segment on a player/coach/management life story or give intel on their life with consent. Based on which team is playing in the Leafs/Habs/Jets, or a player from that team. I feel more interested in players than hearing old people rant.

But I think Brian Burke is fine doing stuff at the table, like talking trade rumours or whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad