Burke as Coach's Corner replacement?

Will he do good?

• Total voters

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Let's face it, we all know he's the heir apparent. Personally I think he's going to be boring but I understand a lot of people like him. What's your thought? Will/ could he do a good job?

(Edit: not a Don Cherry conversation thread)

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Burke is fine on a panel, but would be awful as the mouthpiece of a show. He's a bozo with some really interesting stories about yesteryear (I get why he's the obvious Cherry replacement) and that's a disaster if you just hand him a mic and let him talk. When he's part of a group and has enough people to shut down his egregious stupidity, those interesting stories are what get the focus and he's a net contribution.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Just show part of another game. I'm flipping over to the other game anyway, save me the button push.

Bring back Showdown. Or give us something like the Players' Tribune. Sell the game, don't just give some other blowhard a soapbox.

Reactions: Crabapple

1OApick

Jun 29, 2016
He is like a younger version of Cherry he will be perfect Cherry 2.0 and you can't stand him after few years. I bet Brian Burka will do this for 20 years and 5 is too much.

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
Are there actually people that care to hear what Burke has to say?
He has a lot of good stories but he is just not at all an interesting media personality.

If Ferraro and Noodle weren't locked down by TSN they would be solid adds.

edit: Why can't I past more into here? I have another comment and I don't want to double post but this form won't let me paste it in.
Burke is fine on a panel, but would be awful as the mouthpiece of a show. He's a bozo with some really interesting stories about yesteryear (I get why he's the obvious Cherry replacement) and that's a disaster if you just hand him a mic and let him talk. When he's part of a group and has enough people to shut down his egregious stupidity, those interesting stories are what get the focus and he's a net contribution.
Nah, Burke is a much more well spoken and conscientious guy I think. I don't think his opinions would cause any real controversy outside of hockey viewers. I don't think he would say something shitty about Europeans, immigrants, women, French Canadians, anyone who plays with a visor, anyone who plays with a helmet....
akl;sdf;ajd
Nah, Burke is a much more well spoken and conscientious guy I think. I don't think his opinions would cause any real controversy outside of hockey viewers. I don't think he would say something shitty about Europeans, immigrants, women, French Canadians, anyone who plays with a visor, anyone who plays with a helmet....

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
Just show highlights now. It's over. Cherry was fun even if it was cringy and I guess that's done now.

KingArthursCourt

pronouns: he/him/his
Nov 11, 2019
British Columbia
Move the show forward into the 2020s with a more modern segment highlighting the future rather than dwelling in the past.

Replace it with a segment that is focused more on analytics and a data-based analysis. Have a traditional but educated hockey journalist that can actually think (someone like Bob McKenzie) along with a bright, young statistically minded guru (like Kyle Dubas).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad