Confirmed with Link: Burakovsky signs 1 x 3.25M

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That I also agree with. But if a guy doesn't whine about not winning & keeps doing everything they can to win (i.e. they don't get lazy/content); then I can't fault them. Ya know?

Fault no, lose some respect for? Yes

I don't want anyone thinking I'm talking deep discount either. Just a reasonable contract with good comparables.

As an example I'm completely fine with Mikko's contract. If he had held out for double digits like Marner I would have lost some respect for him.

TBF we did end up with Landy, Zads, Jimmothy & came this |--| close to landing Sasha too...plus Donskoi was one of the two Sharks (along w/ Hertl) that I'd bring up whenever someone would mention adding one of the old****s from that team.

So it's not like Joe's batting .000 when it comes to adding my targets :laugh:

Ok, well more so with guys you because especially focused on lol.

I got one of mine though, even though EJ never turned into what I had hoped.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Fault no, lose some respect for? Yes

I don't want anyone thinking I'm talking deep discount either. Just a reasonable contract with good comparables.

As an example I'm completely fine with Mikko's contract. If he had held out for double digits like Marner I would have lost some respect for him.

Ok, well more so with guys you because especially focused on lol.

I got one of mine though, even though EJ never turned into what I had hoped.

Fair enough.

I can't really complain. Thirsting for Landy was the reason I started an account on here and not only did we get him, but he ended up just as good as I had hoped/argued he would be :laugh:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Fair enough.

I can't really complain. Thirsting for Landy was the reason I started an account on here and not only did we get him, but he ended up just as good as I had hoped/argued he would be :laugh:

I was a little disappointed Landy changed his game, but I get why. Hopefully the kid thing holds merit lol.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah. I miss viking-mode sometimes, but I would be s***ting myself over his next contract if he hadn't evolved...instead of just anxiously grinding my teeth over it :laugh:

I was hoping hed bring it out in the playoffs, but that ship may have left the port already.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
What do you guys think we’re looking at for Burakovsky’s next contract?

20 goals now with plenty of games left.

He’s definitely going to be looking for a hefty raise.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
At this point, with him playing alongside Mack and quite frankly just killing it on his own as is... He probably hits 25 goals and 60 points with a decent shot at 30 goals.

We're gonna be looking at 5-6M at least I suspect. But IMO he's the perfect guy to just let arbitration decide what he makes, sign him to that 2 year deal of whatever they decide on and go from there.

If in 2 years from now he's still a beast and still someone we want as part of the core than we discuss a new deal. But that way we're not committing big money for longer term to him and we can cut ties and walk away after 2 years if that's what we want to do before the Mack contract starts.

Hopefully by then Newhook is ready to be a Top 6 forward of some capacity and can replace Bura for significantly cheaper.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
At this point, with him playing alongside Mack and quite frankly just killing it on his own as is... He probably hits 25 goals and 60 points with a decent shot at 30 goals.

We're gonna be looking at 5-6M at least I suspect. But IMO he's the perfect guy to just let arbitration decide what he makes, sign him to that 2 year deal of whatever they decide on and go from there.

If in 2 years from now he's still a beast and still someone we want as part of the core than we discuss a new deal. But that way we're not committing big money for longer term to him and we can cut ties and walk away after 2 years if that's what we want to do before the Mack contract starts.

Hopefully by then Newhook is ready to be a Top 6 forward of some capacity and can replace Bura for significantly cheaper.

Only problem I see with arbitration is the mental aspect.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
1 year 5M. Don't do the David Jones all over again.

Burakovsky will be offered more $ and term by someone else, which is fine. Just don't whine if Burakovsky goes elsewhere and you aren't happy with the options to replace him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When am I not farting?:sarcasm: :naughty::nod: Forgot he's a RFA. Thanks. But he'll be in demand once his contract is up.

He could be (if he keeps it up), but we have him for at least one more year; or even two if he takes us to arbitration / Joe can convince him to sign a two-year-deal (with a raise); before then.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well...he hit 20 goals so my feeling on the trade now...

giphy.gif

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think the first 1/3 of the season went how I expected to, a lot of peaks and valleys. But the last month and a half he’s been fantastic regardless of his production. So far I’m willing to eat crow as he’s been a great addition.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Imagine Rantanen being out, and the Avs not having Burakovsky. He’s the perfect depth version of Rantanen.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Well...he hit 20 goals so my feeling on the trade now...

giphy.gif

I will not relent until the season is over as to liking the player no matter what, but hes growing on me.

I never really thought the value was off though. I just wanted a more proven forward. I would make that deal again for the 20 goals hes already scored. So maybe that is already relenting lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think the first 1/3 of the season went how I expected to, a lot of peaks and valleys. But the last month and a half he’s been fantastic regardless of his production. So far I’m willing to eat crow as he’s been a great addition.

Yep. If he can keep this going for the rest of the season + next one (or two), I will not only happily eat crow but also be happy to see him signing a serious extension...especially if Newhook transitions well enough to succeed Kadri at Center.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Either 4 or 5 years somewhere in the low 5s, or go to arbitration. That's how I'd currently handle it. Which is an improvement of earlier where I just said arbitration.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad