Bunting The Poll

Bunting is

• Total voters

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He's a scrappy cat. He drew a penalty last game but I was irked that the team didn't get in there and stand for him. He's not gonna play that way if he doesn't have anyone backing him up.

Reactions: Lilou

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Can't vote but none of the options sum up my opinion nicely anyway so no big deal.
I see a high energy guy with limited skills but enough tenacity and will to take the net front beating to out produce his natural ability.

Reactions: Jeypic

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
There really isn't anything significant in the way of risk associated with his contract. I'd be thrilled with either option of a Hyman or Tucker level player. Can't exactly determine a whole lot at the moment considering he lacks much of an NHL resume, let alone time as a Leaf.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
So far he looks like our best offseason acquisition. A real pest, hustles hard, effective around the net, and a decent amount of skill. He’s not Hyman level, but we need value contracts, and Bunting at 0.95 mil for 2 years is much better value than Hyman at $5.5 mil for 7 years.

FWIW, Kampf also looks good - doesn’t bring much offensively, but very good defensively, and makes smart, safe plays. Kase is a decent middle 6er, but man, he gets rocked A LOT. I worry he’s going to miss a lot of games. As for Ritchie, Amadio and Mrazek … not very bullish on any of them. But it’s super early, hopefully they prove me wrong.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
So far he is.

27gl/55pt pace, 60.3xgf%
Pace after 3 games? And xgf? Really? He’s a very mediocre skater, doesn’t have the explosiveness to forecheck and pressure the defense like Hyman does. I’m sure there’s no stat to quantify what Hyman does best so I see how you could be confused.

That said, Bunting has some shades of a poor mans Brendan Gallagher. For less than a million, that’s a solid player.

… but since you’re doing pace, could you post the Mrazek vs Anderson stuff again? That was funny.

Reactions: ToneDog and socko

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I’ve been thinking for a few years now,I wish we had someone like
Gallagher in our lineup.

As much as I want him to get points in the reg season and play well...I also believe that he will become much more valuable in the playoffs. He will show some spine and get in the blue paint to get goalies off their game. That is what we lacked since...I don't know ...JVR maybe?

We might not score as much as previous seasons but I think they want to take the season to learn to score in different 'Non pretty' ways. Those greasy type goals are the ones that keep you in games when your offence is playing poorly.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Pace after 3 games? And xgf? Really? He’s a very mediocre skater, doesn’t have the explosiveness to forecheck and pressure the defense like Hyman does. I’m sure there’s no stat to quantify what Hyman does best so I see how you could be confused.

That said, Bunting has some shades of a poor mans Brendan Gallagher. For less than a million, that’s a solid player.

… but since you’re doing pace, could you post the Mrazek vs Anderson stuff again? That was funny.

Gallagher is much better than Hyman, btw.

Reactions: stopclickbait

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Are you really going to state that after 3 games he's on a 55 point pace?

I sure hope so, but he's got a long way to go to be showing the world he can reach 55 points.

Well if we include last year, he's at a 38gl/51pt pace.

Reactions: Macallan18

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I think @zeke meant that to be tongue in cheek... ;)

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He's sure looking better than a 900k player so far.
So far, maybe.. buts it’s a long season and consistency is the hardest part. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Early impressions for me are definitely positive. I like his tenacity, he’s always in the middle of it and we’ve already seen his nose for the net. Not a great shooter but seems to have a knack for finding holes so hopefully that can continue. His style isn’t one that typically yields a long career in that frame, but given that he’s a late bloomer he may have a few less miles than others at the same age so we’ll have to see how that plays out. Definitely fun seeing a local kid live his dream with the hometown team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad