Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
A lot of the stuff he is doing in the MHL won't translate, I agree, but I think he'll be able to adjust his game because he is an incredibly smart player and incredibly smart players adjust.

I wouldn't say Levshunov has 1D potential.
As for 2024 top of draft eligble dmen, I'd say Dickinson, Silayev, and Buium > Levshunov when it comes to defending.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
This kid has been considered one of the top prospects in this draft for a very long time and I've seen nothing to change that. People can dismiss his regular season stats, even I take them with a grain of salt, but in the playoffs against KHL and VHL players, he still dominated. His knee injury does need investigation but so does Lindstrom's back injury.
Demidov's agent said he is good to go for the combine in June and won't require surgery. From reports, it seems like a nothing burger.

I absolutely love this kid and will be heart broken if we don't get him. Elite hands, amazing vision, really strong lower body, and amazing offensive instincts. This kid will be a 100 point scorer, I am sure of it.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I've been singing this guys praises all year. I was a huge advocate for him in his thread, but I don't think he's on Demidov's level. Levshunov will be a good player in the NHL and I'd be happy to have him on my team, but man oh man, Demidov's skillset isn't something you see every day

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Pedigree prior to the draft year doesn't mean anything because guys fall off while others emerge

With prospects, really only the most recent data is relevant because there's so much that changes when they're young

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
As for 2024 top of draft eligble dmen, I'd say Dickinson, Silayev, and Buium > Levshunov when it comes to defending.
I am a big fan of Buium. We have no D like him that could run the PP. yes, KK, etc. could end up there in a few years. No guarantees (with any prospect).

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I am a big fan of Buium. We have no D like him that could run the PP. yes, KK, etc. could end up there in a few years. No guarantees (with any prospect).
We're not drafting Buium just to cover up KD's mistake of passing on Mintyukov

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
It's a routine injury that happens all the time and is usually pretty minor. It's hockey, players get hurt (see most recent Blackhawks season), running away because a player suffered a pretty normal injury in the 2nd to last game his team played this year would be beyond foolish. "performed by Russian doctors", you speak like Russia is North Korea...
Every country outside of those in North America are naked savages! Did you know people in Poland keep carrots on them while driving incase they need to feed a carrot to their car while driving? This isn’t made up
I swear:sarcasm:

Reactions: statswatcher

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
No. Because everyone knows what he injured, saw his recovery, WATCHED HIM PLAY SINCE, and teams have open access to his medicals.

The Hawks can't miss with this pick. It would set the rebuild back a ton. The kid was injured TWICE in his draft season, with pretty significant injuries. You're insane not to have concerns about it.

P.S. I would not draft Catton or Lindstrom because of their injuries, either.
Better go for someone like Kirby Dach instead

Skating Lev
Puck handling Demi
Size Lev
Production Equal
Position Importance Lev
Shot Lev
Passing Demi

Demidov has 1RW potential all star superstar potential.

Levshunov has 1D potential. All star superstar potential.

The narrative is like we’re picking between a Kane and a Vlasic. Levshunov is way more than getting credit for here. They are both incredible. The tie goes to positional importance.
The Levy sexuals are a different breed just like the Branch Justinian cult we had on the bears forum

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
A lot of the stuff he is doing in the MHL won't translate, I agree, but I think he'll be able to adjust his game because he is an incredibly smart player and incredibly smart players adjust.

I wouldn't say Levshunov has 1D potential.
We usually agree on prospects but I don't know how you can think Levshunov doesn't have 1D potential. It's highly unlikely he reaches it imo but he's got every tool.

Reactions: HawksDub89 and TLEH

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
And I've been pretty constant on not commenting on Demidov because I haven't watched him but he looks incredible in a highlight package.

So does Athanasiou.

Reactions: pvr

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
We usually agree on prospects but I don't know how you can think Levshunov doesn't have 1D potential. It's highly unlikely he reaches it imo but he's got every tool.
I think he's never going to have the brain to be able to be a 1D and I don't think the offense will ever be high end. I feel like his best case is like Weegar and I don't think Weegar is a 1D.

I agree that he has all the "tools" though, in the sense of size, skating, shot. I guess I just get tired of everyone projecting D that are drafted Top 5 as 1D. Levshunov "could" become a 1D because he has the tools to do it, I wouldn't project that though.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
And I've been pretty constant on not commenting on Demidov because I haven't watched him but he looks incredible in a highlight package.

So does Athanasiou.
He's a highly cerebral player who excels at changing speeds, he looks very different from AA even on highlight reels imo. And in shift-by-shifts even moreso.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think he's never going to have the brain to be able to be a 1D and I don't think the offense will ever be high end. I feel like his best case is like Weegar and I don't think Weegar is a 1D.
One thing with Levshunov, coaches say he's got a great attitude, work ethic and a real commitment to getting better. I know.. Coach speak, but still, taking it at its word there. The year to year progression has been pretty remarkable in my opinion. He's had to make rapid adjustments every year. I think the decisionmaking can be improved, albeit it's one of the hardest things to project. Maybe my own bias, but I find it less concerning than if he was a GTHL/CSSHL -> OHL/WHL kid where I expect a bit more polish. Belarus U18 -> USHL -> Big 10 is such a steep path.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
One thing with Levshunov, coaches say he's got a great attitude, work ethic and a real commitment to getting better. I know.. Coach speak, but still, taking it at its word there. The year to year progression has been pretty remarkable in my opinion. He's had to make rapid adjustments every year. I think the decisionmaking can be improved, albeit it's one of the hardest things to project. Maybe my own bias, but I find it less concerning than if he was a GTHL/CSSHL -> OHL/WHL kid where I expect a bit more polish. Belarus U18 -> USHL -> Big 10 is such a steep path.
Zero question that Belarus to USHL to Big 10 in two seasons and the freshman year he had? Impressive. There is a lot to like about him. I personally just tend to avoid guys where I have to project a ton of processing growth and decision making. I'd rather bet on a guy like Demidov who has great on ice vision and elite processing and hope he can refine and adjust what works at the NHL level, rather than bet on Levshunov to gain that decision making and process polish.

I personally like Buium a bit more in terms of D this year but like I said, I tend to gravitate towards players that show a bit more hockey polish in their draft year.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad