News Article: Bullying and Backstabbing: The Ottawa Senators are Pro-Sports' Biggest Mess

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
100% the bots came from the organization. Ruszowski is a slimy ***** and his boss is even greasier.
Totally. They even cheaped out and bought bots from some farm in India registered with Indian rediffmail.com emails. Sounds like exactly what this organization would do.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Did anyone prove it was a bot by Melnyk and not a boycotter or some leaf fan?
Out of curiousity, did you read the article? The bots defend Melnyk, not too sure why a boycotter would do this, or even a Leaf fan for that matter.

Here is the part that talks about who may be behind these. At least read this part:

While Melnyk’s involvement is still conjecture at this point, all signs would currently indicate that it would be his doing. Buying Twitter bots has become decreasingly expensive, although unless there’s someone else dedicated to framing Melnyk in whatever sense they may have intended, the bots fall closely in line with Melnyk’s attitude already shown towards the Citizen.
This also wouldn’t be Melnyk’s first time allegedly trying to cover up media through unethical tactics, as writer Travis Yost had his blog posts and Twitter account
hacked in 2013, after he posted critical and revealing research on Melnyk’s financial situation. Again, none of this has been proven, although every piece of evidence we currently have would lead us to believe these were spearheaded by Melnyk.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
To make it seem like they were going to offer the contract to Karlsson on July 1rst since the controversial story got out before July about Hoff and Karlsson. Essentially fans knew that they couldn't keep both so by trading him it makes it look like we try to keep Karlsson.

Otherwise I see no explanation for swapping Boedker and Hoffman. Hoff was so good with Duchene.

Not sure why they couldn't keep Hoffman who was a bargain for his ability to score. If the fix was in to move Karlsson, they would not have traded Hoffman. The fact that he was still traded pointed to no matter what Karlsson said, Hoffman was "persona non grata" in the room.

I think you are reaching to spin it as you did, but I'm sure you are not alone in your suspicions

Reactions: Boud

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Did anyone prove it was a bot by Melnyk and not a boycotter or some leaf fan?

I suspect this is not from Melnyk or the Sens org. They tweeted at both the citizen and the sun with nearly identical amateurish bot tweets, a short period apart, from a whole wack of ridiculously obvious burner accounts.

That's basically begging for this story to blow back at you. I suspect the billboard crowd, or maybe even some zealous Avs fan throwing fuel on a fire.

Reactions: solidprospect

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
@chezz Well then I think they do the same thing they did with Karlsson/Hoffman , they found no traces towards Hoffman.

It says nothing has been proven but signs point to melnyk, what signs? Anyone can buy a ip address from india.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Out of curiousity, did you read the article? The bots defend Melnyk, not too sure why a boycotter would do this, or even a Leaf fan for that matter.

Here is the part that talks about who may be behind these. At least read this part:

While Melnyk’s involvement is still conjecture at this point, all signs would currently indicate that it would be his doing. Buying Twitter bots has become decreasingly expensive, although unless there’s someone else dedicated to framing Melnyk in whatever sense they may have intended, the bots fall closely in line with Melnyk’s attitude already shown towards the Citizen.
This also wouldn’t be Melnyk’s first time allegedly trying to cover up media through unethical tactics, as writer Travis Yost had his blog posts and Twitter account
hacked in 2013, after he posted critical and revealing research on Melnyk’s financial situation. Again, none of this has been proven, although every piece of evidence we currently have would lead us to believe these were spearheaded by Melnyk.
No man it was definitely Leaf fans LMAO

Reactions: Bean Drown

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
LMAO of course it's a conspiracy to the Melnyk fans on here.

You're completely right in your lunacy. It must have been a disgruntled Sens fan paying money and hiding this thing for months only for it to pop up now.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Who on Earth cares it we did or didn't sell out a playoff game wtf.

This isn't what this is about.

Anyway people started talking about Melnyk with the departure of Alfredsson. And again when we traded a 22 year old center and a 2nd for a older and worse center to save some money.

Playoff games used to sell out in hours, and seasons were sold based on that fervent demand. the fact there was no demand, and international embarrassment ensuing, spoke volumes about the market. Tarps arrived shortly after.

So in the grand scheme of things, looking at the couple thousand seats is not important, but what those empty seats foreshadowed was a greater concern.

If my brother was on HF, he could vouch for what I said to him at anthem time of the Ranger game. Looking around, I said to him "there is no way he is going to afford Karlsson".

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
What is more likely? The bumbling Melnyk or the Sens Marketing department f***ed up big time

or some fan or a group of fans who dislike Melnyk a lot hired a twitter bot company 6 months ago to make fake twitter accounts, continuously updated this for months, hid it from everyone only for it to break now?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
also its pretty shocking to me that the citizen and the sun aren't covering this, given that they're the ones the bots were tweeting at. Perhaps they're not sold on the credibility of the story... The MSN article was written by a blogger from Silver Seven. I'd be interested to know who, if anyone, first flagged these bots to his attention. If anyone who is better at the twitter than me can work that out, I think it would be interesting to know.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
If my brother was on HF, he could vouch for what I said to him at anthem time of the Ranger game. Looking around, I said to him "there is no way he is going to afford Karlsson".

How were the Arizona Coyotes able to extend OEL? Lots of empty seats and very unstable ownership in Zona for years and yet, a massive extension for OEL?? Pretty sure even if we only had 1000 fans attending every playoff game during that run, that would have been a few thousand more than the Coyotes have had in years, where did our playoff revenue go? The Coyotes have none, but are still able to retain their players.

Your argument would make sense if there weren't similar situations around the league where there is unstable ownership and an empty building (much emptier than ours).

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

This is why bloggers shouldn't pretend to be real journalists. This is the kind of writing that gets people sued.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
This is why bloggers shouldn't pretend to be real journalists. This is the kind of writing that gets people sued.
Uh oh, here we go again with the "real journalists" argument. Is this the new "bad fan/good fan"?

Real journalists would have been all over Melnyk years ago, but here in Ottawa, nobody wants to get "banned from the plane".

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Uh oh, here we go again with the "real journalists" argument. Is this the new "bad fan/good fan"?

Real journalists would have been all over Melnyk years ago, but here in Ottawa, nobody wants to get "banned from the plane".

Plus they likely get a ton of hate (from real people on twitter) and don't look at their twitter feeds. If anyone reviews it it's probably some poorly paid girl/guy who is only looking for threats of violence against any of their reporters.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
LMAO of course it's a conspiracy to the Melnyk fans on here.

You're completely right in your lunacy. It must have been a disgruntled Sens fan paying money and hiding this thing for months only for it to pop up now.

It was the Leaf fans. We're living in a god damn Scooby Doo episode.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Did anyone look into the accounts like they did Hoffman's ?

Why would they? Nothing criminal is happening here, its just more of the Euge and his patsies trying to control the message coming from the media. There really is nothing to "look into". What Hoffman's GF was alleged to have done was completely different.

Reactions: solidprospect

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008

Keep an eye on it. I won't be shocked if he gets a libel suit for the way he's written this. Way too much conjecture in the statements and the headline. Legal burden, by the way, is on the writer to prove what he's written is true, not the other way around.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Why would they? Nothing criminal is happening here, its just more of the Euge and his patsies trying to control the message coming from the media. There really is nothing to "look into". What Hoffman's GF was alleged to have done was completely different.
Mostly because it keeps being brought up in articles like this one and other sites. Basically nobody actually knows who they we're from though.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
What is more likely? The bumbling Melnyk or the Sens Marketing department ****ed up big time

or some fan or a group of fans who dislike Melnyk a lot hired a twitter bot company 6 months ago to make fake twitter accounts, continuously updated this for months, hid it from everyone only for it to break now?

It was actually me though releasing the bots at the most opportune time.

In the land of the bots he who has half a nose is king!!!

GrimyForkedDoctorfish-small.gif

Last edited:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
What is more likely? The bumbling Melnyk or the Sens Marketing department ****ed up big time

Do they go back 6 months though? I think I saw one of the accounts was from October, but I didn't see anything earlier than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille