Confirmed with Link: Bulldogs sign Jake Dowell & Joe Finley

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
So another D for Hamilton...

It's looking more and more like Dietz,Thrower,Makowski and Shea will be starting the season in the ECHL, which is actually a good thing in my opinion. There will be plenty of opportunities for one of them to graduate. In the meantime they all (Well, not counting Shea :P ) need some icetime.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
It's looking more and more like Dietz,Thrower,Makowski and Shea will be starting the season in the ECHL, which is actually a good thing in my opinion. There will be plenty of opportunities for one of them to graduate. In the meantime they all (Well, not counting Shea :P ) need some icetime.

Dowell is a centerman... nvm just saw Finley too haha

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010

Dietz didn't play a single game in the ECHL as a rookie pro..I would think the team expects him to earn a spot in Hamilton.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Looks like Bergevin left the AHL signings late. Basically, I think he's waiting for guys to give up on NHL deals so it wouldn't surprise me to see a legitimate AHL scorer be signed. Being on lottery-esque losing teams 3 years in a row isn't the best environment for young guys, see Oilers. I don't think it's coincidence that a lot of the best developing teams have good AHL teams like the Lightning and Wings. If the Dogs get that AHL scorer to go along with Hensick/Andrighetto/etc and the Dogs still continue to struggle, Lefebvre likely loses his job IMO. It shouldn't be rocket science to develop and coach a team to win. Tons of coaches that do both...I'd imagine it's actually part of the job requirement to be able to do both.

Joe Finley fills the goon/LD depth needs for the AHL so I think all this leaves is that one good top 6 vet to help the youth and get all these guys some playoff experience that Subban/Price/etc all got in the AHL.

I know what his joke was referring to.

To continue with with my Santa joke. If your child goes around misspelling Santa as Satan. Are you gonna correct his spelling or are you gonna tell him Santa doesn't exist?

Actually I think it'd be more like telling the child that spelled Santa as Satan that they wouldn't want the devil coming down the chimney on Christmas Eve. Then laugh because it's a joke.

Halifaxhab*

Looks like Bergevin left the AHL signings late. Basically, I think he's waiting for guys to give up on NHL deals so it wouldn't surprise me to see a legitimate AHL scorer be signed. Being on lottery-esque losing teams 3 years in a row isn't the best environment for young guys, see Oilers. I don't think it's coincidence that a lot of the best developing teams have good AHL teams like the Lightning and Wings. If the Dogs get that AHL scorer to go along with Hensick/Andrighetto/etc and the Dogs still continue to struggle, Lefebvre likely loses his job IMO. It shouldn't be rocket science to develop and coach a team to win. Tons of coaches that do both.

Joe Finley fills the goon/LD depth needs for the AHL so I think all this leaves is that one good top 6 vet to help the youth.

we had a big gap in minor pro prospects after raiding the cupbords for the big club, and having a couple unlucky/bad drafts. But You are right, adding some AHL UFA's to act as a supporting cast for our youth in Hamilton is the best option. Not many will be used as call ups, and even if they are, the ones that are left behind will be stepping up in icetime. So the veteran presence can do nothing but help. Also, the thought that a solid farm team develops players faster is (in my opinion) also true. N one likes losinig, and it can be demoralizing. Being competitive can only help as well.

Having a 6'8'' dman who can fight definately helps guys like Andro

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
His name is Finley and he loves to fight.

I Wonder if he's also an Irishmen :P
22.jpg

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Nice signings, the Bulldogs will have bite in their game this season, with offence to win the closely matched games, fans will have lots to cheer finally. After what's seemed like two decades not two yrs. for some of us fans, watching the dogs this season should be fun and playoffs a certainty, IMHO.:handclap::handclap: Finley will ease the load for some of the young uns, like Nevins, Thrower and Deitz, in demanding respect from opponents that might take liberties with teammates. Go Dogs Go!!!...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Fine signing with Finley on D. Not entirely what I was hoping for but at least they are trying and recognize that there are problems with that team. Still need one big time point getter.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Joe Finley fills the goon/LD depth needs for the AHL.

he also fills the suspended for drinking at North Dakota prospect, we've been missing that in the organization since Kristo was traded.

Fine signing with Finley on D. Not entirely what I was hoping for but at least they are trying and recognize that there are problems with that team. Still need one big time point getter.

He was good with Rochester and gives the Dogs impressive depth on D, as I'm assuming that's the strong point for Hamilton next season but the offense is going to need a lot of improvement still imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad