Confirmed with Link: Bulldogs sign Jake Dowell & Joe Finley

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox/news/?article_id=795

MONTREAL, QUEBEC – Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today the Bulldogs have signed forward Jake Dowell to a one-year American Hockey League contract for the 2014-2015 season. - See more at: http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox/news/?article_id=795#sthash.W3e9Bwfp.dpuf

Good signing for veteran and leadership but Bulldogs need scorers.

hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox/news/?article_id=796

MONTREAL, QUEBEC – Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today the Bulldogs have signed defenceman Joe Finley to a one-year American Hockey League contract for the 2014-2015 season. - See more at: http://hamiltonbulldogs.com/pressbox/news/?article_id=796#sthash.JfAtANni.dpuf

Another american, 6'8 left D.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Bergevin must know him from his days with Chicago. I guess he's our annual Darryl Boyce AHL guy.

Well Dowell was captain of 2 different AHL teams in the last 5 years so he must have some leadership qualities.

Dogs need a center so he should be useful in the bottom 6.

CreamOfTheCrop

Jan 13, 2009
Montreal
I'm glad with this AHL signing.

I saw the E60 and I hope this guy won't carry his father's side disease and be able to have a decent life.

habitue*

I guess Hamilton needed a veteran AHL skilled third liner. No better than Blunden for sure.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Jeeze, I bet you're the kinda of parent who tells his two year old that Santa is made up.

The joke was he responded to someone who spelled 'disease' = sickness, 'decease' = die. ;)

habitue*

Good character/leader type that Bergevin is probably quite familiar with, but still, the Bulldogs need something higher-end.

What do you mean by "higher-end" ?

Habs have decided to go with the youth, and use Hamilton as a development tool. "higher-end" AHL players are good enough to play at NHL level, even on a 4th line, or are just scrubs who can't go higher. how can that help the young players ?

Habs don't care about Hamilton's position in the standings.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar

Habs have decided to go with the youth, and use Hamilton as a development tool. "higher-end" AHL players are good enough to play at NHL level, even on a 4th line, or are just scrubs who can't go higher. how can that help the young players ?

They need another top end player or two, that's all. Having a stronger team is better for development. You might make the playoffs and get further, for example. It's good to learn to win championships at as many levels as possible along the way.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
All great for leadership and grinding, but he was not was needed the most. And if they are at that point when they are filling those kinds of role, they are betting that they have the offense. And they don't. They still need to add one more offensive vet guy. And frankly, there's so many players you could add. So I get that acquisition....but don't get it at the same time. Remove one spot for a most important and offensive player.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014

:handclap::handclap::handclap:You are wright.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

You don't develop anything when you don't have the puck and keep chasing. Your development isn't as great when you continously lose, when most games means nothing, when you can't go in the playoffs etc. Winning is a big part of a team's development. Playing with better players is a great start to play with even greater players. To build a winning mentality, you need to build a winning atmosphere. Or at the very least, a competitive mentality in the same type of atmosphere. Of course, it doesn't mean to push everybody aside in your ECHL team and build a team filled with 32 year old rejects. That was never the case. But you need a few of those. So that you are prepared for what's coming next. It's part of the development.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm glad with this AHL signing.

I saw the E60 and I hope this guy won't carry his father's side disease and be able to have a decent life.

Did he get tested yet? Terrifying stuff - he has a 50 percent chance of having an untreatable disease that will slowly kill him at some point in middle age.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The joke was he responded to someone who spelled 'disease' = sickness, 'decease' = die. ;)

I know what his joke was referring to.

To continue with with my Santa joke. If your child goes around misspelling Santa as Satan. Are you gonna correct his spelling or are you gonna tell him Santa doesn't exist?

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Wasn't he not ready to take that test. I think he was too afraid to get the results.

I would be too, it would be terrifying to know that you will never be independent again, it would also be terrible to not know, overall it's just a terrible situation and I hope he thrives for the dogs and has good healthy life.

Halifaxhab*

Did he get tested yet? Terrifying stuff - he has a 50 percent chance of having an untreatable disease that will slowly kill him at some point in middle age.

how do you get tested for marriage?

ba dum tssssss

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Hamilton will be rife with young players...not a bad thing to add some veteran bottom six depth to the organization.

Prust, Moen, Malhotra, etc. are prone to injuries as well..if they get hurt...you need bottom line/press box replacements on the big club. Dowell played 79 games in 2010-11 with the defending Cup champs...and has 159 NHL games under his belt...he won't hurt you playing a few minutes a game if need be as an injury replacement...brings grit and a defensive presence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad