Build A Roster of Your All-time Favorite Canucks

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Here's a thought... Could the Canucks all time team, Sedin, Sedin, Bure. Naslund, Pettersson, Bertuzzi, etc, beat the Colorado Avalanche in a 7 game series. I think they would, but would it be close or a sweep?

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Here's a thought... Could the Canucks all time team, Sedin, Sedin, Bure. Naslund, Pettersson, Bertuzzi, etc, beat the Colorado Avalanche in a 7 game series. I think they would, but would it be close or a sweep?

You'd have to build an actual team rather than just plugging in great offensive players on the 4th line. I remember Rangers teams where they just opened the checkbook and threw money at all the top scorers, but basically just had a team were everyone wanted PP1 time.
But a balanced team picking from the all-time Canuck roster should probably sweep the current Cup champions.

Let's say something like...

Sedin - Sedin - Bure
Pettersson - Miller - Bertuzzi
Naslund - Linden - Smyl
Gelinas - Kesler - Burrows

Hughes - Mitchell
Tanev - Reinhart
Öhlund - Edler

Luongo
Demko

Not sure I like Naslund playing on the third line as I'd want more of a 200 foot game out of that line (should he be in instead of Pettersson?)... and I completely gave up on RHD/LHD combos for the defense. But a lineup something like this has top role players playing their roles and should mop the floor with most SC champs. OTOH, they'd probably not fare as well against some similarly built all-time rosters... Canadiens, Oilers, Red Wings, Av's just to name a few.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad