• Kevin Rooney

• Dryden Hunt

• Barclay Goodrow

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Mika makes right play and excellent pass. Rangers score and win.

Some fans:

"Mika sucked on that play".

Ya can't make this shit up.

How come people consistently miss the context in which posts are made?

Panarin (by own admission) plays soft lazy perimeter hockey, people call him out on it, Gallant fixes it, but people who called him out get ridiculed for being "worried" about Panarin. Being "worried" about Panarin was never the point.

A poster criticizes Zib for his continuous soft play so far this season, uses Zib standing still even after his pass lane was cut off (by #71) as an example and people can't understand the criticism because Fox's galaxy brain IQ fixed that particular issue on that one play. Zib receiving a fantastic pass from Fox and making a fantastic pass to Lindgren was never the point.

I don't see the need to create cheap strawmen to attack just to score cheap points, but some people have a long record of doing so, and patting themselves on the back for scoring cheap points against points no one has made.

If you don't understand a particular claim, you can always go back and read the thread or ask for clarification. Jumping in with comments without understanding the context, or substituting your own context, makes for bizarre reading.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Can't even be happy with a win, sometimes you just gotta be happy that this team finds a way to win and forget about certain instances and games along the way. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I just don't think its realistic. Gallant isnt going to play 2 rookies paired together on D
Not yet. I think Nemeth-as-a-starter is only happening as long as Nils needs support. But the training wheels will come off eventually. Can’t say when but I think that when it happens they’ll put Jones with him and Nemeth will be the spare. I know Nemeth has a three year deal but I think that makes it even more likely he’s cool with being a spare/insurance policy.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah, but so I still don't understand why Nemeth can't be scratched and we can't roll with Jones-Lundkvist?
We can. Just not quite yet. Both Nils and Jones need a bit more time to become ready enough to be on their own. I suspect.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Or he could have been in the space where Fox filled into.

How is it a 'great play' where a Defender had to fill the void to make the play down low? It worked because Fox filled in. It worked because both defenders pinched all the way down knowing there was no time left.

Mika didn't move for the final 10 seconds. It's indicative to how he has been playing. Just waiting.

We don't agree. That's fine.
Yeah. It’s a dead horse, but you’re right. Mika could have done wasn’t Fox did and Fox could have done what Mika did. It worked out and I’m not critiquing Mika. But likewise I’ll agree he could have been more proactive and gotten the same result.

Reactions: duhmetreE

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Do you understand what positional hockey is? If Zibs goes into the pile then ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS!!! Is that what you wanted???
@duhmetreE is not saying Mika should have joined the scrum. He’s saying he could have retrieved the puck and passed to Fox who makes the pass too Lindgren. It’s just a hypothetical.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Panarin (by own admission) plays soft lazy perimeter hockey, people call him out on it, Gallant fixes it, but people who called him out get ridiculed for being "worried" about Panarin. Being "worried" about Panarin was never the point.

A poster criticizes Zib for his continuous soft play so far this season, uses Zib standing still even after his pass lane was cut off (by #71) as an example and people can't understand the criticism because Fox's galaxy brain IQ fixed that particular issue on that one play. Zib receiving a fantastic pass from Fox and making a fantastic pass to Lindgren was never the point.

I don't see the need to create cheap strawmen to attack just to score cheap points, but some people have a long record of doing so, and patting themselves on the back for scoring cheap points against points no one has made.

If you don't understand a particular claim, you can always go back and read the thread or ask for clarification. Jumping in with comments without understanding the context, or substituting your own context, makes for bizarre reading.
Yep. Exactly. There is no “the board”. Someone said one thing, someone said the opposite. But there’s always someone who says ‘the board’ ‘contradicts’ itself and pretends they’re the big brain with the ‘gotcha’ comment.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
He's a 3rd man in a useless position until Fox comes down. THAT IS MY POINT. That's been my point. He wasn't supporting the play or a threat. He was waiting for a miracle.... it just so happens Foxy provided it.

Hockey is all about putting yourself in situations where the puck will find you. He is not supposed to be working the boards when there are already 2 team mates there.

If Mika takes action a couple of feet in either direction will Fox still make that play or should we just be happy at the fact that the game winning goal was an amazing team effort?

Last edited:
Reactions: THE BIG WHISTLE

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009

He picked the absolute worst example of a lazy play that I have ever seen anybody pick in my 22 or 23 years of reading Rangers forums. That’s on him.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He's a 3rd man in a useless position until Fox comes down. THAT IS MY POINT. That's been my point. He wasn't supporting the play or a threat. He was waiting for a miracle.... it just so happens Foxy provided it.
If anyone was useless, it was that Buffalo player making NO attempt t block any possible centering of the puck......he was simply watching and expecting time to run out (like we all thought)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We get it you don’t like Zibs, maybe they should trade him for your boy Turcotte
I get it. You're not going to argue my point but stretch what I said into a falsehood to prove your point. I love Zibs. I hate how he's playing. THE CRUX OF THIS ENTIRE PGT. I wanted him re-signed. So, please... If you're not going to argue my point, don't respond.

Maybe I see the game in a different light than you. That's fine.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Hockey is all about putting yourself in situations where the puck will find you. He is not supposed to be working the boards when there are already 2 team mates there.

If Mika takes action a couple of feet in either direction will Fox still make that play or should we just be happy at the fact that the game winning goal was an amazing team effort?
I'm not hating on the play. I'm hating on how Zibs has been playing for too long after being paid $68M. This play is the avenue to vent that frustration because everyone is familiar with it and it's easily accessible.

If you watch him on his shifts, it's more of the same. It's the entire point. He's not skating. He's not moving. He a lazy spectator. Is the timing poor to complain after a spectacular GWG? probably. but it's still the truth.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
He picked the absolute worst example of a lazy play that I have ever seen anybody pick in my 22 or 23 years of reading Rangers forums. That’s on him.
? I think it exposes it. While all of his linemates were doing work.... he sat still in one place... It exemplifies his game at this point.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If Zibanejad moves into that space it's very possible he pulls that defender with him and then there's no room to make that play

That all worked because Fox snuck down into that space unexpectedly. Zibanejad doing so might have just closed off the play. Hard to say for sure though!

But yeah Zibanejad does need to play better

Reactions: RagFinMet and romba

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
What a dumb discussion - these are the ones when you make good no regret choices for the ignore list.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

Context?

Some here are so unhappy with Mika's play that even when he does the right thing they twist it into the wrong play.

If Mika leaves that spot to head towards the boards, the Rangers go to OT. That's a stone-cold fact.

If Mika had gone to the boards, some of the people complaining that he didn't would be moaning that he made a stupid play.

There's some context for ya.

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Wasn't it confirmed that Zib wasn't being bashed by Gallant for the last play but for complaining to the ref about a previous missed call?

Why is he being called lazy on the goal?

He's wide open in the slot. If we win the battle he's wide open, which we did and he was... If he helps out there's nobody to get the puck to.

I just don't understand how he did anything wrong there

You don't understand it because he did nothing wrong.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Oh no... Here come the message board critics.. forcing their way into a conversation with their disdain for the discussed topic. Oh my, flex your ignore list, that is so alpha.

Thank you for your added value.

iu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad