Eklund Rumor: Buffalo Talking With Carolina About Justin Faulk

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I'd say the likelihood of this being remotely credible is very low. Faulk has been linked to DET, TOR and CHI; those teams, with the exception of DET, make sense in that they could use a top 4 RHD. Doesn't BUF already have 2 RHDs in Risto and Bogosian?

Who's to say exactly what Donnie Wadz is looking for in return for Faulk. Team-needs-wise, a young-ish top 6 forward is ideal, preferably someone who can play C. Also the team could use a proven starter in net. There is absolutely no need for anymore D-men since de-Haan and TVR were brought on board.

Futures-wise, 1st rd picks plus scoring fwd or potential starting G prospects are nice. Again, no need for D prospects. A player for player deal strongly preferred I'd think vs. futures...

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Is Sam Reinhart still out of favor in Buffalo or has he turned things around?

Sam had a very strong second half of last season - many of us here expect him to be sticking around for awhile yet. I think he was close to a ppg for the last 41 games.

Reactions: Mitts888

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
The Sabres need another top 4 D but I honestly don't see Faulk as being the guy we need.

StormCast

Jan 26, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Notice how there is no mention of a "source?" This is typical connection-based theorizing being thrown out, i.e., Steve Smith was his blueline coach for several seasons in Carolina, Smith moves to Buffalo, there may be a reunion between Faulk and Smith. In Buffalo. Not sure they are ideal trading partners given the asking price for Faulk.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
All because Steve Smith is on our coaching staff now, probably.

Move along, nothing to see here...

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
This is BS but if Reinhart is still available I’d be willing to discuss some other deal.
Reinhart likely isn't available and there really isn't anything else Buffalo can offer for Faulk that would make sense for both sides.

Besides, Botterill just traded away ROR because he was too old, turning around and flipping Reinhart for an ROR aged D-man is the epitome of idiocy.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Reinhart likely isn't available and there really isn't anything else Buffalo can offer for Faulk that would make sense for both sides.

Besides, Botterill just traded away ROR because he was too old, turning around and flipping Reinhart for an ROR aged D-man is the epitome of idiocy.

Yeah probably not for Faulk, I meant some other deal. But agreed the pieces probably aren’t there, Carolina’s probably only looking to trade Skinner and Faulk.

I’m here thinking they’ll have Eichel, Reinhart, and Mittelstadt and may want to move one out, but then I’m catching myself thinking a) being 3 centers deep like that isn’t terrible, ask Pittsburgh and b) probably need to wait a year or two to ensure they know what they’ve got before assuming they already have it.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I'd say the likelihood of this being remotely credible is very low. Faulk has been linked to DET, TOR and CHI; those teams, with the exception of DET, make sense in that they could use a top 4 RHD. Doesn't BUF already have 2 RHDs in Risto and Bogosian?

Who's to say exactly what Donnie Wadz is looking for in return for Faulk. Team-needs-wise, a young-ish top 6 forward is ideal, preferably someone who can play C. Also the team could use a proven starter in net. There is absolutely no need for anymore D-men since de-Haan and TVR were brought on board.

Futures-wise, 1st rd picks plus scoring fwd or potential starting G prospects are nice. Again, no need for D prospects. A player for player deal strongly preferred I'd think vs. futures...

There was a credible rumour a couple of weeks ago that the asking price from Chicago was Brandon Saad.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Is Sam Reinhart still out of favor in Buffalo or has he turned things around?

Sam was only ever out of favor with like 3 posters. Faulk is in no way, shape, or form worth anything close to Reinhart. Probably not even to those 3.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
No chance I move Risto or Reinhart for Faulk. He has just 2 years left. Reinhart and Risto have 4+ years of team control left.

And also Faulks last two years are At 6 mil per. Carolina is a budget team and is probably shopping Faulk hard to avoid paying 12 mil over the next 2 years. So that will lower his value a bit. I am not trading a high end piece for 2 years of Faulk. He makes 6 mil per in real $ and just two years before he can walk in free agency. I wouldn't offer much.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Not sure why that one poster even mentioned Risto. Canes right now have 4 NHL caliber RHD (Hamilton, Pesce, Faulk, TVR), thus why they may be moving Faulk. I doubt they'd just want another RHD, or even LHD, back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad