Eklund Rumor: Buffalo Talking With Carolina About Justin Faulk

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
no to Asplund , trade St Louis #1 and SJS #1 and either O"Reagan or Bailey or both.
Again, I wasn't saying whether the deal as fair or good. The only thing I was commenting on was the guy saying it was more than CGY gave in the Hamilton deal.

1st + 2 + 2 = 1st +2 + guy taken in the 2nd who still is a question (not saying he's not good, but he certainly wouldn't be worth a 1st rder on the market at this point).

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
E2A7B843-6239-4332-80E3-A1A365CF8CC2.png
Deal for Faulk has to happen, just for the LOL's when Justin Falk and Justin Faulk play together

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Without Reinhart, the Sabres have 48 contracts. Obviously with him we’d be one short of the 50 contract maximum. Therefore, any trade would likely see two contracts going out and one coming back.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Maybe they were talking about Justin Falk as the Hurricanes 7th D when they trade Justin Faulk to someone who actually wants him?

Reactions: Unsustainable

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Besides the ancient Flyers correct information has there been ANY rumor that has come to fruition from this source, serious question. I don't think so , therefore why anyone posts, believes or thinks it matters is beyond puzzling.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Besides the ancient Flyers correct information has there been ANY rumor that has come to fruition from this source, serious question. I don't think so , therefore why anyone posts, believes or thinks it matters is beyond puzzling.
This is what i came to ask.

Haven't heard his name used as a source in a looong time so I assumed maybe he got a few right finally if he's being used. People were pointing out what a fraud he is YEARS ago. it's crazy to me that he could still be used as a source if he hasn't nailed anything after all this time.

Last edited:

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
Yeah probably not for Faulk, I meant some other deal. But agreed the pieces probably aren’t there, Carolina’s probably only looking to trade Skinner and Faulk.

I’m here thinking they’ll have Eichel, Reinhart, and Mittelstadt and may want to move one out, but then I’m catching myself thinking a) being 3 centers deep like that isn’t terrible, ask Pittsburgh and b) probably need to wait a year or two to ensure they know what they’ve got before assuming they already have it.
Why exactly? Can teams not have 3 good forwards? I don't understand why you think they'd trade 3 of their most valuable pieces just cause they all play forward

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Why exactly? Can teams not have 3 good forwards? I don't understand why you think they'd trade 3 of their most valuable pieces just cause they all play forward

Did you purposely bold the first half of the post where I explained my immediate thought, then purposely ignore the second half of it where I exactly answered the question you just asked and admitted my thinking was dumb?

Reactions: Unsustainable

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Remind me what we paid for Scandella? And, for the record, I'd take Scandella over Faulk.

Wild GM was in a crunch due to expansion draft.

It looks like the Canes GM is looking for roster players, and since we don't have any good ones to give up, it'll probably cost a little more in futures to be competitive.

If it costs less, by all means get it done, but a 26 year old RHD is a good fit for Buffalo right now and I hope it happens (even though the rumour source has no credibility).

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Wild GM was in a crunch due to expansion draft.

It looks like the Canes GM is looking for roster players, and since we don't have any good ones to give up, it'll probably cost a little more in futures to be competitive.

If it costs less, by all means get it done, but a 26 year old RHD is a good fit for Buffalo right now and I hope it happens (even though the rumour source has no credibility).

Then we shouldn't be making that trade. You're trying to repeat Murray's mistakes but without even getting an ROR caliber player for the trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->