GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ San Jose Sharks 11/5 7:30pm CSNCA

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
From Pollak's WTC:
Todd McLellan said:
“Their record’s going to change when they leave here and it’s either going to get better or worse. And it’s our job to make sure we take care of our record.

“They are a much more effective team than their record shows. They’ve been close in a lot of games,” he continued. “They’ve sorted some things out and their new coach now has had time to put some things in place. The games we watched, they’re a pretty damn good hockey club and if we think any different, their record will improve tomorrow.”

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
SNOG 5-1

braun, pavs, nieto x2, wingels
stafford

I'm looking for all american goal scoring today.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
This is as good a game to get Stalock in as any. Too bad we're relatively rested so TMac will still play Nemo.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
PollakOnSharks 10:35am via Web
#SJSharks lines have familiar look this a.m. -- 12-39-9, 48-19-81, 83-8-57 and 15/18-10-43. On defense, looks like Irwin may sit a 2nd game.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
This is as good a game to get Stalock in as any. Too bad we're relatively rested so TMac will still play Nemo.

I get that Niemi is one of those goaltenders who wants/needs to play all the time to stay in form, but this is an early season game against one of the absolute worst teams of the last 5+ years. Starting Stalock here would have been perfect. The kid needs to play too if he's ever going to be a good goalie in this league.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I get that Niemi is one of those goaltenders who wants/needs to play all the time to stay in form, but this is an early season game against one of the absolute worst teams of the last 5+ years. Starting Stalock here would have been perfect. The kid needs to play too if he's ever going to be a good goalie in this league.

Probably doesn't see a reason to have Niemi off that many days when they're still trying to bank points. Stalock's next likely start will be in Edmonton in 10 days. The best thing to hope for is that we clinch a spot as quickly as possible so there's more incentive for the team to rest Niemi but I honestly only expect 10 starts for Stalock and will be pleasantly surprised if he gets more.

sharks fan 209

Mar 23, 2010
Hopefully we can get back into the win column today. The sharks better show up and dominate.

Song

Sharks- 4 Couture, Pavs, nieto, wingels.

Sabres- 2 moulsonx2

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
brodiebrazilCSN 11:41am via TweetDeck
Pavelski has a laugh about his “American Express” line with Wingels/Nieto: “That’s funny…” #SJSharks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad