GDT: Buffalo Sabres @ San Jose Sharks 11/5 7:30pm CSNCA

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
Probably doesn't see a reason to have Niemi off that many days when they're still trying to bank points. Stalock's next likely start will be in Edmonton in 10 days. The best thing to hope for is that we clinch a spot as quickly as possible so there's more incentive for the team to rest Niemi but I honestly only expect 10 starts for Stalock and will be pleasantly surprised if he gets more.

I would want Niemi to get a good amount of starts as the season winds down to get him in a groove for the playoffs. He thrives with a lot of work. I think resting him at the end of the regular season would be counter-productive; sure, he's rested, but I don't think he'd be as good as he would be if he were getting every start.

That's why I think getting him some rest now, and gearing up for a busy end of the regular season and playoff run, would be smart.

But, you are right in that it's smarter to bank points now. Nothing is guaranteed.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
he has back to back shut outs against the sharks, both games he stopped over 30 shots.

Yeah but if they play like they did the last time he had that shutout, chances are they will win. A 39 win shutout is hard to do and harder with the team he has in front of him.

5-2 Sharks

Marleau, Kennedy, Nieto, Boyle, and Braun

Hodgson and Moulson

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I am too old to get these jokes. Can someone translate for the AARP members?

Pwn came from a typo of 'own'. Like "we owned them" turned into "we pwned them". It was mostly a 12 year old boy thing a few years ago.

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 1h
Now w/BUF, Steve Ott says he loves being back in SJ, says energy in building helped him in his villain role over the years w/DAL.

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 1h
More from Ott: "I was telling a lot of these young guys that I’d probably put this place in the top 3 buildings in NHL for fan excitement."

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Off the ice, Ott seems like a really cool guy. Appears that many NHLers like him.

That being said, I still want someone to give him the business tonight :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Off the ice, Ott seems like a really cool guy. Appears that many NHLers like him.

I agree. As douchey and dirty as he plays, he seems like a nice enough dude.

Anyway:

"This is the deepest lineup we’ll face," Sabres coach Ron Rolson said today in SAP Center. "They’ve got three centers and lines that could be the first line on any team in the league."

Maybe on the Sabres. :laugh: I don't think Nieto and Wingels are top-liners, although admittedly they've been playing like legit top-6ers (although who isn't on this team?).

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I agree. As douchey and dirty as he plays, he seems like a nice enough dude.

Anyway:

"This is the deepest lineup we’ll face," Sabres coach Ron Rolson said today in SAP Center. "They’ve got three centers and lines that could be the first line on any team in the league."

Maybe on the Sabres. :laugh: I don't think Nieto and Wingels are top-liners, although admittedly they've been playing like legit top-6ers (although who isn't on this team?).

sheppard?

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004

A game versus Steve Ott and no one has posted this yet...?

ScaredOtt.jpg

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
A game versus Steve Ott and no one has posted this yet...?

ScaredOtt.jpg

i love looking at that picture, just for all of the facial expressions that are going on in the picture.

guy in the far right is like yes thornton kill him, the ref is like aww crap i'm going to have a huge report to fill out for ott's death here, the guy in between thornton and ott is like oh this makes me happy, and then there is ott's face where it is ohh man i'm going to have to change my underwear after this is done.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
i love looking at that picture, just for all of the facial expressions that are going on in the picture.

guy in the far right is like yes thornton kill him, the ref is like aww crap i'm going to have a huge report to fill out for ott's death here, the guy in between thornton and ott is like oh this makes me happy, and then there is ott's face where it is ohh man i'm going to have to change my underwear after this is done.

Excellent analysis :biglaugh:

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco

Little do we know, Thornton is actually making a duck face.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Buffalo's scratching the two young Russians, in Grigorenko and Zadorov, while Scott remains suspended. Rolston evidently liked how Foligno responded in practice to an almost benching and elected to dress him over Girgorenko tonight. Foligno was poor in the last two outings and usually responds well after a benching, but the yo-yo with Grigorenko continues. Anyway, the Buffalo lineup is as follows:
26 Matt Moulson – 19 Cody Hodgson – 63 Tyler Ennis
9 Steve Ott ("C") – 82 Marcus Foligno – 78 Corey Tropp
28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson – 65 Brian Flynn
23 Ville Leino – 8 Cody McCormick – 21 Drew Stafford
X: 25 Mikhail Grigorenko, 32 John Scott

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 3 Mark Pysyk
20 Henrik Tallinder – 57 Tyler Myers
4 Jamie McBain – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
X: 61 Nikita Zadorov

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth
With that said, I don't see any reason for pessimism from you guys against us, but if you must... Miller has a current shutout streak of 130:34 against San Jose; while Buffalo has only two first period goals, so naturally they'll score early. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->