Value of: Buffalo Sabres: RD for LD Swap?

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Buffalo needs an upgrade on the Left side, We have an overabundance on the right side. Is there a a good hockey trade out there to help out both teams?

Ristolainen
Jokiharju
Montour
C. Miller

Ideally, one of these four can get swapped with a similar LD / similar cap hit

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Buffalo needs an upgrade on the Left side, We have an overabundance on the right side. Is there a a good hockey trade out there to help out both teams?

Ristolainen
Jokiharju
Montour
C. Miller

I thought Jokiharju played LD as a rightie

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
Not interested in moving Joki, Risto could be had for the right move though imo

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Rhd for lhd swap options For Montour/Miller. both make 3.8m

Martinez 4.0m
Dekeyser 5m
Cole 4.25
Nemeth 3m
Leddy 5m
3-5 million in salary

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
What's Graves' contract situation? Really like the player (Graves) but out of the four Joker is the one I'd most like to retain. Before knowing the financials though, it's definitely something to consider.

Ok.

Ryan Graves (LHD) for Jokiharju.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Ryan Graves (LHD) for Jokiharju.[/QUOTE]

Ristolainen
Jokiharju
Montour
C. Miller

Ok.

While I agree with the premise of the OP in principle, Jokiharju shouldn't be on the table. Unless people offer something completely ridiculous, proposals for Joker are a waste of everybody's time.

Reactions: freester

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
I disagree, if we can get a similar quality young LD for him, I think we have to consider it. That being said, I don't WANT to move Joker, he's the last of the 4 that I'd look to move but if it makes sense, I'd do it.

While I agree with the premise of the OP in principle, Jokiharju shouldn't be on the table. Unless people offer something completely ridiculous, proposals for Joker are a waste of everybody's time.[/QUOTE]

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What's Graves' contract situation? Really like the player (Graves) but out of the four Joker is the one I'd most like to retain. Before knowing the financials though, it's definitely something to consider.
Graves. 3 years at 3.16mm AAV.

but if you take Joker off the table. The Avs do the same with Graves as the others on Buffalo’s list have no appeal in the Graves scenario.

So then it’s Ian Cole and his one year $4.25mm aav but only $3mm in cash contract which probably has appeal to Buffalo ownership. Not sure which Buffalo RHD would be a fit in such an exchange. Someone on a one year deal.

hard pass on anything Colin Miller centered. He’s a no go.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Joki is going nowhere unless it’s for someone like Byram who is NHL ready and ED exempt. So pretty much unavailable.

Montour is the one Avs would probably have interest in then but there isn’t a trade fit.

Cole isn’t good enough for this swap and Graves with 3 years term is too good for this swap.

I’d add a pick to Cole but Buffalo will get a better deal elsewhere for this player.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Jokiharju won't be moved. He's a cost control high end asset.
Risto or one of Miller/Montour most likely will be though imo.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Montour is the one Avs would probably have interest in then but there isn’t a trade fit.

Cole isn’t good enough for this swap and Graves with 3 years term is too good for this swap.

I’d add a pick to Cole but Buffalo will get a better deal elsewhere for this player.

Not true on graves if Colorado is exposing him. With Montour as a UFA you can have a deal set and thrn wait till after the ED is done. Graves can be taken by Seattle.

Graves value isn’t there with an ED coming up

You have Gerard, Makat, Graves, Toews, and Johnson. You might be able to protect 4 but Johnson has to be one of thrm.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not true on graves if Colorado is exposing him. With Montour as a UFA you can have a deal set and thrn wait till after the ED is done. Graves can be taken by Seattle.

Graves value isn’t there with an ED coming up

You have Gerard, Makat, Graves, Toews, and Johnson. You might be able to protect 4 but Johnson has to be one of thrm.
Not necessarily. Johnson can waive. He can also be traded to one of 20 teams. He’ll likely allow himself to be exposed to the expansion draft vs running the risk of being dealt.

It’s very unlikely he’d be picked by Seattle if exposed. It’s very likely he’d be traded if he didn’t waive.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Not necessarily. Johnson can waive. He can also be traded to one of 20 teams. He’ll likely allow himself to be exposed to the expansion draft vs running the risk of being dealt.

That is still complicated because he has to agree to bring expised. The 12 or do teams he lists aren’t going to be interested givrn the cap tight world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad