GDT: Buffalo Sabres at St Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
Bummed about the goal in the last minute. Glad for the win.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Hopefully we up our game and take advantage of two teams who are missing key forwards this weekend.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Doug Armstrong,

Please do not let Elliott walk for nothing at the end of the season. I know Allen is probably the future of this franchise, but when it's time to talk contracts, do not underestimate the value Elliott has and does bring to this team.

Yours truly,
SB

What if Miller waits a long before deciding, then leaves, and by that time Elliott signs elsewhere. We will have Allen and ?

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Man, we played like ****, luckily Buffalo did too otherwise we would have gotten stomped

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
What if Miller waits a long before deciding, then leaves, and by that time Elliott signs elsewhere. We will have Allen and ?

I agree, I have a feeling another team is gonna be very happy with Elliott next year

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
If Colorado loses to the Rangers in regulation, we can clinch the division with any type of win over them on Saturday. Would have to win in regulation if they lose in ot/so tonight.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It would be nice if a few of the remaining teams the Blues play either clinch their spot, or are eliminated. Don't want to play any desperate teams. I really want them to win the PT. Home ice throughout would rule.

Sniper

It's learning...
Jun 11, 2003
Colorado
Visit site
What makes Elliott so good is that you know he'll give you a great game even though he may only play once every 2 weeks. With Allen, you don't really know what you'll get, so i would be all for trading Allen and resigning Elliott (If Miller resigns) simply because you know what you'll get.

For those clammoring for him as a starter next year, are any stats available for Elliott for when he plays more than 4 games in a row? It seems that his play drops off when he becomes a true #1 and is playing every day, but I don't have any stats to back that up.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
It would be nice if a few of the remaining teams the Blues play either clinch their spot, or are eliminated. Don't want to play any desperate teams. I really want them to win the PT. Home ice throughout would rule.

Chicago just clinched their playoff spot with a shootout win over the Wild tonight.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Washington might be eliminated
Red Wings might be locked into a spot where they can't improve
The Stars might be eliminated
The Hawks will be without Toews and Kane
The Wild will be locked into their spot and can't improve

Thats 5 of the remaining 6 games with teams having nothing to play for

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Deleted.

Mod warning as I was posting.

Hockey stuff.

Blues need to make a statement before the playoffs. They look afraid of greatness.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
What makes Elliott so good is that you know he'll give you a great game even though he may only play once every 2 weeks. With Allen, you don't really know what you'll get, so i would be all for trading Allen and resigning Elliott (If Miller resigns) simply because you know what you'll get.

For those clammoring for him as a starter next year, are any stats available for Elliott for when he plays more than 4 games in a row? It seems that his play drops off when he becomes a true #1 and is playing every day, but I don't have any stats to back that up.

Allen has a super high ceiling and can potentially be a #1. Elliott is not a #1. He he shown when he plays regularly, he isn't nearly as good. No way would I trade Allen. But then again, I'm not sure I'm ready ti hand over the starting duties to Allen either. I would be ok with an Elliott / Allen 1A / 1B tandem and let them compete. This is all predicated on if Miller doesn't re-sign.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Allen has a super high ceiling and can potentially be a #1. Elliott is not a #1. He he shown when he plays regularly, he isn't nearly as good. No way would I trade Allen. But then again, I'm not sure I'm ready ti hand over the starting duties to Allen either. I would be ok with an Elliott / Allen 1A / 1B tandem and let them compete. This is all predicated on if Miller doesn't re-sign.

Hitchcock's defensive systems have made Pascal LeClair and Steve Mason look fantastic. I'm honestly not worried about whatever tandem the Blues roll out next season.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Deleted.

Mod warning as I was posting.

Hockey stuff.

Blues need to make a statement before the playoffs. They look afraid of greatness.
Yeah having the best record in hockey and probably franchise history isn't a big enough statement. :laugh:

Statements will be made in the playoffs, these final games in the regular season won't do anything to change anyone's opinion of the Blues.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Given all of our injuries, we didn't actually play that badly..... :laugh:

'Tis the life of a bottom feeder.

Go get Miller his Big Shiny please.

That's true I didn't mean any dissrespect, I feel like I know every player on every team and you guys had a lot of guys who I had no idea who they were. But us Blues fans know all about being bottom feeders, just look back to 06-09. Don't worry, you guys are on the right path, patience is key

illninofan*

We're going to need Dallas to get hot if we want that Minnesota first round matchup.

Minnesota Remaining Schedule

vs. Pittsburgh
at. Winnipeg
vs. Boston
vs. Blues
vs. Nashville

Dallas Remaining Schedule

at. Tampa Bay
at. Florida
vs. Nashville
vs. Columbus
vs. Blues
at. Phoenix

1. Minnesota - 90
2. Dallas - 85

Dallas has the more favorable schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sniper

It's learning...
Jun 11, 2003
Colorado
Visit site

If Miller resigns long-term, wouldn't that potential be wasted here? Whoever the backup is, they will only play 15-20 games a year. If Allen wants to be a true #1, he will have to find another team to do it on.

If Miller doesn't resign, then by all means run with Elliott and Allen as a tandem. I wouldn't really trust either one, but I suppose it's better than no one.

The only reason I would advocate Elliott over Allen as a true backup is because it seems that the fewer games Elliot plays, the better he seems to be. (At least, based on the eye test. If anyone can dispute me with stats, please let me know.) With Allen, you just don't know.

The biggest variable would be the cost of Elliott vs Allen. Financially, we may have to go with Allen if we resign Miller and potentially sign Stastny.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Hitchcock's defensive systems have made Pascal LeClair and Steve Mason look fantastic. I'm honestly not worried about whatever tandem the Blues roll out next season.

His system may have made them look good but he has only won a cup with Eddie Belfour, who is a great goaltender. The Blues have a team that can win it now. I am done with the great regular seasons and early playoff losses, good season, better luck next year BS. I want to see the Blues hoist the Cup. I've been a Blues fan too damn long without it. Our team is so close I can taste it. So if we don't win this year, I will be super worried about whatever tandem we roll out next year. The right goalie and some scoring depth/creativity are the missing pieces to make this team unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad