GDT: Buffalo Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins | April 2nd 7:30 | Going for 16 straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I know you can't win every game, and the Pens have a 15 game winning streak, but to play like this, I think it's pathetic, Vokoun had 3 good games and just turned on a switch back to the way he was early in the season.

The Pens could come back in this game, it's not fair to count them out after how many games they've made comebacks in.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
And now I understand why I stayed away for two periods...

Flames fans, aren't you happy you're part of this group now?

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
i couldn't give less of a damn about the win streak at this point. in fact, if they're going to lose, i'd rather them get the losing ways out of their system before the playoffs (so then my ******* Blues fan friend could stop getting at me about the Pens "peaking too early").

i just hope Orpik, Kennedy, and Glass either wake the **** up and remember that they're supposed to be professional hockey players or Shero should just waive/trade them. losing them would not hurt this team, including Orpik. his claim to fame used to be big, physical, stay-at-home presence, but now he's completely useless.

malks7171*

Penguins can score three. I'm not worried. Need to stop taking penalties though. Not going to comeback with malkin and iginla sitting on the bench (both should have been on the pk but ehh).

RazorRamon12

Jul 8, 2004
Not saying this game is lost (it may be), but anyone else thinking losing hard is a good reminder that the team is in fact beatable? I felt like last year they bought into their own hype a bit too much, of course the porous defense notwithstanding.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
The Sabres should have exactly zero goals. Terrible performance by Vokoun.

No matter, it happens. Then the Penguins were SH the entire second. I do feel we get this one to OT.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Team defense as a whole, very poor over 40 minutes.
Thats not the way they've played the last 10 games or so.

For DB, i'd go with what you know works.
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

TK experiment over.
I'd go
Dupuis-Jeffrey-Iginla.

Of course DB won't do that but he should.

Noticed he threw out Morrow-Malkin-Neal at the end of the 2nd there.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
If I had to choose between losing to the Sabres or losing to the Rangers, I'd rather get it out of my system against the Sabres. The occasional humble pie can serve as motivation.

And get TK off the first line.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
And now I understand why I stayed away for two periods...

Flames fans, aren't you happy you're part of this group now?

if you and others want to get on your high horse, don't post in the gameday threads. what are you trying to prove by doing what you're doing? "i'm not as emotional as everyone else so i'm going to point my elitist finger in everyone's face and announce my obvious superiority to everyone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad