EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
upload_2019-11-22_17-58-47.jpeg

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
That quote was about Dahlin for the swedish poster, but Yes, Eichel looks exactly like an 8-year-old boy who was denied candy after they’re lose. He looks exactly like a child about to throw a crying tantrum. His cheeks get rosy, he seems to build up the anger in him, he seems to have zero ways to cope with it, or use that anger to make something positive happen in the future.

View attachment 281237

I think what I wrote still stands:

"Do they look like leaders? Do they look like winners? Do they look like guys who are going to be winning the Cup in 2 years?"
"Eichel taking 10M$ per year tells me that he loves money wayy more than winning as a team."

They do not look like winners. They do not look like leaders. Taking 10 million per season tells me that you don't care so much about winning.

Comparing his contract to McDavid's might be valid if McDavid depended on the rest of the team to deliver. Team with McDavid @12,5 is going to win plenty more than team with Eichel @10, because McDavid can deliver on his own, Eichel can't.

I don't think Tavares is that great off a leader yet, but he is a much, much more credible leader than Eichel has ever been, or ever will be. You know that too. Eichel is not a winner.

His cheeks get red because he’s one of the fastest skaters in the game. And who cares what colour his cheeks get anyway?

Eichel can’t produce on his own? That’s funny, I wasn’t sure what he’s Been doing his whole nhl career putting up 0.95 PPG and above on teams in the bottom of the league in scoring and some years actually dead last in that regard. If that’s not producing on your own what is? Also funny how everyone who plays with him suddenly starts scoring when with him and those same players stop scoring when they leave his line. You literally have no case here and are seen here as just trying to attack Eichel because you’re so damn mad at how good he is for whatever reason. I really don’t care when it comes down to you talking about the colour of his cheeks.

Ps- on top of being wrong about all that, nice contradiction by the way about him not caring about winning, when you just said he throws tantrums when he loses (which he doesent anymore actually) but even if he did thats exactly what goes against your “he doesent care argument”. (Thus contradicting yourself”) you say he looks like an 8 year old yet you’re throwing ou petty insults of that of an 8 year old about his looks. I guess when you can’t bash his talent and his production, (and be right about it) bash his appearance. Highly mature!

You’re best bet is to just stop posting in here, you keep making yourself look worse with each post with all the inaccurate viewpoints, contradictions flat out ignorance. Your agenda is beyond evident and not making you look good in the slightest. Did Eichel surpass your favourite player or something? Aw that’s too bad. Get over it and actually say something relevant or factual if you want to throw stones at jack.

Last edited:

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
The bottom 5 teams have no chance...like STL last year.

Outside of Eichel STL was (still is) stronger at every single slot in their lineup, some by a huge margin. Buffalo is an extremely poor team outside of 3-4 players. We are a bottom 5-10 team.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Eichel is a terrific player. I always get amused by the threads where the proposed solution for a struggling team is to trade their best young player.

As I pointed out in the thread early in the season praising them, I wanted to see how they reacted when things got tough. I pointed out their hot PP to start and hot goaltending. Both has gone cold, and all scoring dried up. Did they dig in and fight? No they just collapsed.

I am convinced the leadership group is rotten. Not for sure Eichel, but there needs to be a major shift there. Reminds me of the old Leafs who hit a losing streak in Jan and hardly won a game the rest of the season.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You might have a point, but it would take a hell of a lot for me to trade Eichel, or Dahlin. Reinhart?....pfft.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Eichel is a terrific player. I always get amused by the threads where the proposed solution for a struggling team is to trade their best young player.
The best players on bad teams always take the heat. It is really bizarre but I guess those are the names people remember.

Reactions: koalabear9301

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
The following is an acutely accurate take on the Buffalo Sabres under the ownership of Terry Pegula. The Pegula's are good owners contrary to outside market opinions, but there comes a time when you have enough work at hand to call their ownership for the Buffalo hockey team a complete disaster to date. Enjoy the read.

This is a quoted comment from another venue, and it is spot on when it comes to the Sabres.

"Botterill choosing an inept coach over his second best player, only if Pegula would have remembered watching ROR play in the Aud.

That being said the following did influence Pegula and you better believe the decision this big landed on his desk.

Embarrassing the Boss in public is a no no.

Kane at Bottoms Up when the entire NHL was assembled for the draft in Buffalo.

ROR’s Tim Hortons Incident dominated the NHL Media Cycle July 2015 days after he became the highest paid Sabre at that time

The infamous comment.

That and the perceived guilty parties locker room dysfunction secured the pathway that was taken with ROR.

In terms of other trade partners.

Bob McKenzie reported that Carolina was amongst the most interested but Dundon wanted the bonus paid first.

Both Lindholm and Skinner were targets of Botterill and both were moved indicating they were available

He shouldn’t have been moved in the first place, both those two would have been light years better in return.
Pegula set a hard deadline for July 1st with no bonus being paid. Botterill believed that he would not stick to this, up to the end which was a huge mistake on his part. Perhaps a better back up trade agreement should have been in place.

Arpon Basu reported the price was too high for Montreal, Lou and the Isles were taking to Botterill during the afternoon of July 1st per Arthur Staple.

Lou Kovacs, who covered the Blues was told by Doug Armstrong about 3pm that the deal was dead for ROR. Things moved very quickly as Berglund, Sobotka and Thompson were not even notified about a potential trade until it was complete.
Botterill has neglected rebuilding the forward depth, particularly in the draft. He’s drafted 8 forwards, 8 defenseman and 2 goalies. Offensive Players with higher ceilings would have been nice at 32 and 31.

He brought back every player from a garbage team last season including Zemgus at a 1.6 Million AAV, when analytics show he is one of the most replaceable players in the NHL.

He did not give up much for Sheary or Vesey in trades, but he has not gotten much if any production from either. Andre Burakovsky would have been the a better Target.

And so far he appears to be 0 for 2 with HCs in terms of using analytics to influence lineup decisions.

The fact that there is going to be between 4 to 8 Million Dollars worth of healthy D Men in the press box for the next few nights, because none were moved is another strike against him
Botterill does not get a pass from me on his overall job performance, because in year three things remain dire with the team.

Short of winning a cup, the ROR Deal will be the first line in Botterill’s NHL Obituary and he will own it. I hated the trade the day it was made, I posted the return in the thread along with a WTF. I hated it even more when I found out that there were restrictions and influences from ownership."

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Almost like playing Ristolainen 25 minutes a game can submarine a team. Jason Botterill has made one "culture change" trade since taking over as GM and it was trading Ryan O'f***ing Reily. The Selke/Conn Smythe winner. He traded ZERO players from last year's catastrophe of a team. I repeat... our GM traded ZERO (0, none, nada, zip) players off of last year's team that collapsed and for some reason expected this season to be different.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I guess the Blues coming back from being dead last means that anyone who doesn't understand what they are talking about, but wants to contribute a lazy hot take, can just point to them as a reason that a bad team is never really bad.

This isn't a shot at the Sabres at all, but God the discourse on this site can be lazy and pointless.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
As I pointed out in the thread early in the season praising them, I wanted to see how they reacted when things got tough. I pointed out their hot PP to start and hot goaltending. Both has gone cold, and all scoring dried up. Did they dig in and fight? No they just collapsed.

I am convinced the leadership group is rotten. Not for sure Eichel, but there needs to be a major shift there. Reminds me of the old Leafs who hit a losing streak in Jan and hardly won a game the rest of the season.
All scoring except for Eichel, really. He's got like 12 points in his last 7 games and we're still losing.

I think what happened is we basically had 2 tanks in like 7 years. The first was Murray's which failed miserably, and now the second is Botteril's, which is kind of just getting to the point where we're gonna see the fruits of his drafting.

Granted, most people in Buffalo have no faith in him. I'm kind of still on the fence. If his young players don't work out in the next couple of years they're just gonna have to start the process all over again. Not very fun to be a Sabres fan.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
What happened to Olofsson? 6 goals in the first 7 games but has absolutely tailed off.. 2 goals since

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
Krueger had them playing at a high-level of expectation out of training camp. He pushed all the right buttons and the stars aligned allowing them a magical start. But after a while, the cream of the crop rises and the cream of the crap settles towards the bottom, and this team settled after its first dozen games or so and we are seeing their true level, which is a borderline AHL team. The Sabres of the late 1990's had less talent, but dove to block shots, break up passes, hit, all the little things you expect a talent deficit team to do. This team has a shade more talent but does none of that and as a result, it gets outworked by a large margin and not surprisingly, loses a lot.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Krueger had them playing at a high-level of expectation out of training camp. He pushed all the right buttons and the stars aligned allowing them a magical start. But after a while, the cream of the crop rises and the cream of the crap settles towards the bottom, and this team settled after its first dozen games or so and we are seeing their true level, which is a borderline AHL team. The Sabres of the late 1990's had less talent, but dove to block shots, break up passes, hit, all the little things you expect a talent deficit team to do. This team has a shade more talent but does none of that and as a result, it gets outworked by a large margin and not surprisingly, loses a lot.
The Sabres of the 90s had Hasek behind them. If they had our current goalies they wouldn't be anywhere near a playoff spot.

If you're going to say the current team is bad (a sentiment that I happen to agree with), at least try watching the games. Effort isn't the issue. It's goaltending and depth scoring, neither of which the Sabres have...

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
The Sabres of the 90s had Hasek behind them. If they had our current goalies they wouldn't be anywhere near a playoff spot.

If you're going to say the current team is bad (a sentiment that I happen to agree with), at least try watching the games. Effort isn't the issue. It's goaltending and depth scoring, neither of which the Sabres have...

Then we agree to disagree. Effort is a big issue. This team has talent and is capable of winning as they did in the opening month.

I'm not disagreeing with you on the goaltending and depth scoring. But this team is a perimeter playing, stay close to the boards, don't get their hands wet type team and aside from the Boston game in which they actually played well, have been putrid in their many of losses lately because they are a soft team who fails to outwork their opponents.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad