Buffalo Sabres 2019-2020 Training Camp Thread

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Wow Oki...

So he transformed a disgruntled, underachieving Nylander for Joker.....positve
He resigned our 40 goal score, who the summer before traded for him for a pile of spare parts....gave a little too much avg money but gotta go in the positive.
He added Johannson....middle 6-9 depth...right term/money....positive
He gave out no long term contracts....positive
He traded a pick for Miller.....positive

If you believe his vision is draft/develop younger players...then the Vesey trade is a wash...depth middle 6 for a 3rd....who cares

He didn't just cast away Risto...positive
Our defense should be drastically transformed....Miller from a contender will help.

Kruger is a wild card

I have no proof but I have to believe he's worked the phones to trade some of our dead weight but look at the cap space at all the other teams....non existent. Even if he wanted to trade say Bogo....he's injured.

You know, I think most of our whinning could go away with one move.....waive VladSbok. If he did this, I really don't think there is too much to complain about. Rhein/Eichel/Skinner are playing top 6 on any teams.....we have a core in place, it's not that bad, especially after this season.

btw, I still think Risto is going to happen....The Jets for Ehlers, which will further solidify our top 9. I just don't think he's doing that bad of a job....plus, there's always the "no one wants to go to Buffalo thing...."

Reactions: hizzoner

SabresFanNorthPortFL

Aug 9, 2007
North Port, FL
Hey guys Montreal fans coming in peace ;)

I'm thinking about picking Sam Reinhart in my pool but i've not seen him much last year. I liked what i saw but the sample size is small. How does he look at the camp? Do you guys think he can repeat his 60 points season?

He's primed to take a step forward this year, and he's playing for a long term contract

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
They need to do better than Johansson for 2C, I am only expecting him to play roughly 40 games for us this year.

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario

I'm thinking about picking Sam Reinhart in my pool but i've not seen him much last year. I liked what i saw but the sample size is small. How does he look at the camp? Do you guys think he can repeat his 60 points season?

He was our best player by far last preseason game. Anything short of 60 would be a big disappointment IMO. Hoping for around 70.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

He's a lock for our top 6 (possibly alongside Eichel) and PP1, points should continue to come.

Abraham de Lacy

He's never going to be a superstar but in my eyes he's got "unsung hero" stapled to his back. The guy is a machine. I like him a lot. I think he can repeat the 60 point season yes.

Cheers !!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Yes, 60 should be normal and he will get first PP time. He may get his own line though, away from Eichel, don’t let that scare you away.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
I'm VERY interested in how Vlad plays tonight. He had a pretty solid game last time out and was amazing in the dot. If he has another strong game and Larsson remains out, he may very well actually EARN the 4th line C role to start the season.

Tonight's lineup looks like the one we'd roll with if tonight was the season opener.
Sobotka can't hold Larsson's jock. Is this tongue in cheek?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->