Value of: Buffalo prospects (and players?)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I’m surprised by the thought that Mitts-Cozens-Krebs down the middle is considered to be paper thin. Hell the lines for the Sabres could be

Tuch-Mitts-Rantanen
Greenway-Cozens-Skinner

With that being said, I’d do Thompson and a first plus any reasonable balacing if Buffalo fans feel that’s more reasonable.

Krebs hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire, and you’re also asking for our only good natural C prospect in Ostlund.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to sell low on Thompson. I think he’s pretty clearly been playing hurt this year, but the dude is an absolute unicorn with his size/skill combo.

E: I’m also skeptical of the entire premise of this trade discussion (that Rantanen would sign in Buffalo).

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Krebs hasn’t exactly lit the world on fire, and you’re also asking for our only good natural C prospect in Ostlund.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to sell low on Thompson. I think he’s pretty clearly been playing hurt this year, but the dude is an absolute unicorn with his size/skill combo.

E: I’m also skeptical of the entire premise of this trade discussion (that Rantanen would sign in Buffalo).

I think he’s shown to be a comparable player to Rantanen in terms of a size and skill combo, but he also has a much shorter track record of doing it. Rantanen has been consistently one of the top point producers over the last 5 years, with and without MacKinnon and really helped MacKinnon become the player he is today. I think players like Cozens or Mitts would thrive playing with Mikko particularly when cycling the puck.

Totally understand being skeptical about him re-signing as part of the overall trade, that is obviously a major caveat to the deal, however I don’t see any reason why Mikko wouldn’t consider a Pasta type next contract which I think Buffalo can afford.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I think he’s shown to be a comparable player to Rantanen in terms of a size and skill combo, but he also has a much shorter track record of doing it. Rantanen has been consistently one of the top point producers over the last 5 years, with and without MacKinnon and really helped MacKinnon become the player he is today. I think players like Cozens or Mitts would thrive playing with Mikko particularly when cycling the puck.

Totally understand being skeptical about him re-signing as part of the overall trade, that is obviously a major caveat to the deal, however I don’t see any reason why Mikko wouldn’t consider a Pasta type next contract which I think Buffalo can afford.
If Mikko gets the same % of the cap that Pasta he would get 12.4M assuming the cap goes up to 92M. It is just too rich for the Avs. As you said earlier our depth would take a big hit. BUF could handle that much better than the Avs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad