Proposal: Buffalo/Ottawa

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I'd disagree with that. If you add Karlsson ($11.5) and Ryan ($7.25), less Risto ($5.4m), you're adding about $13.4m in cap for next year. Moulson and Pominville coming off the books provides you $10.6m of that money right there. Bogosian comes off another year after that. I know you're probably apprehensive about the Dahlin extension, but we can keep him, too. I'll cross the bridge of what to do with Sam and Mitts when we come to it. In the words of Marlo Stanfield, that sounds like one of them good problems.

I just don't see how you can be given an opportunity to have the best offensive defenseman of our generation and pass on that opportunity. You make it work. A core of Karlsson, Eichel, and Dahlin puts Buffalo in the conversation with Tampa and Toronto for the foreseeable future.

Buffalo needs that cap for Dahlin and Mittelstadt and Reinhart. Sorry but no.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Buffalo needs that cap for Dahlin and Mittelstadt and Reinhart. Sorry but no.

I can't decide if Sabres fans are simply averse to being good, generally, or insist on being good only with homegrown players. Either way, it's ridiculous. If the cost of acquiring Karlsson for the next eight or nine seasons was Risto and taking Ryan's contract, you do it every day of the week. He would retire one of the best players in franchise history. You sure as **** don't say no because you're afraid of what you may have to pay Casey Mittelstadt in four seasons. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills reading this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad