Proposal: Buffalo needs a second line center

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
So hey, anyone got any of that secondary scoring?

latest
File:TyroneBiggums.jpg
There's something you gotta know about me joe rogan, this isn't the first time i eaten o_O

Reactions: DickSmehlik

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
We don't know.

Yes you do. The coaching staff won't play him at center, when apparently there is a big need for a 2nd line center. That says all you need to know about him being a capable NHL center.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That assumes the coaching staff is competent. Many Sabres fans would tell you that isn't the case.
Pretty much every fanbase on this site will have a portion of their fanbase that will tell you why their team isn't living up to a certain standard due to their coach. Pretty much every team underrates their coach, and overrates their GM (except for the inability to see the coach should be fired)/overall roster. There are some exceptions where fanbases have completely turned on the GM (see Benning and Chiarelli).

I mean, I see threads ranting about Babcock, Sullivan, and Q fairly often.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Yes you do. The coaching staff won't play him at center, when apparently there is a big need for a 2nd line center. That says all you need to know about him being a capable NHL center.
The coaching staff continues to give big minutes to Vladimir Sobotka. That says all you need to know about their player evaluation skills.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
The Sabres aren't moving quality assets for a 33yo. Maybe if LA wants to sell him for pennies on the dollar and also take a highish-cap contract so we have room to sign Skinner, but I doubt they do.

I’m surprised you doubt they’ll do it that was a solid sales pitch

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
man...don't know what's in the water up in Buffalo but I'm gonna say I probably doubt the Blues give up a top ten draft pick in 2020... Blues are willing to spend to the cap and have 22 million in cap space next year, a bunch of decent goaltenders are UFAs and there are a few decent LHDs around too, not to mention a few of the Blues prospects will probably be ready to play on the big team. It might not be a cup contender next year but it'll definitely be better than this year. Also a new coach is going to do this team a world of difference...but you know, you guys do you...
Yeah the Blues obviously planned to be bad this season...........right

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah the Blues obviously planned to be bad this season...........right

maybe you misunderstood what I wrote because I didn't mention that at all. The Blues's major reasons why they are bad this year (coaching, goaltending sort of, defense) are all easily fixable over the offseason. They also have one of the most difficult schedules in the league this year. At least the team hasn't had to tank for almost a decade to finally be relevant.

Reactions: LeafChief

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
maybe you misunderstood what I wrote because I didn't mention that at all. The Blues's major reasons why they are bad this year (coaching, goaltending sort of, defense) are all easily fixable over the offseason. They also have one of the most difficult schedules in the league this year. At least the team hasn't had to tank for almost a decade to finally be relevant.
Their management knew those were issues before the season especially goalies where they dropped Hutton and added Johnson. Sabres weren't trying to be bad last season either.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016
Their management knew those were issues before the season especially goalies where they dropped Hutton and added Johnson. Sabres weren't trying to be bad last season either.

The goaltending they knew but they had little idea that their defense was going to go to hell, nor their coaching staff. the defensive coach quit fairly late into the offseason. Mike Yeo might've been avoidable but it's difficult to fire a coach after an appearance in the second round and barely missing the playoffs a year later. The Sabres haven't had a full NHL caliber roster until this year. That's a key difference, the Blues do.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I suppose anything is possible, but I doubt it. More than likely, he's just too slow to play center at the NHL level.
As a fan who watches every game, I'll tell you it's not just "possible". How many Sabres games have you watched the last couple seasons? I've watched almost every one and Housley makes bad decision after bad decision. Most of it has been chalked up to him being a rookie head coach learning on the fly. The one thing that quieted the fire Housley movement was the ten game win streak, but now they've gone the other way and lost 5 straight. He's not a very good coach. Could he improve? Sure, but at this point he's in the bottom half of the league.
Pretty much every fanbase on this site will have a portion of their fanbase that will tell you why their team isn't living up to a certain standard due to their coach. Pretty much every team underrates their coach, and overrates their GM (except for the inability to see the coach should be fired)/overall roster. There are some exceptions where fanbases have completely turned on the GM (see Benning and Chiarelli).

I mean, I see threads ranting about Babcock, Sullivan, and Q fairly often.
Of course. Fans complain about coaches all the time and they usually don't have a leg to stand on. If you want to complain about Babcock or Quennville or any other coach that has won stanley cups and had largely successful careers most people don't want to hear it and rightfully so. Housley has proven nothing at this point in his career therefore He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

JThorne

Stop accepting failure
Jul 21, 2006
Downtown Buffalo
This thread is going overboard. Some fans get a SMALL TASTE of success and they want to push the pedal to the floor.

Ignore the OP. Stay the course. Don't give up futures.

Reactions: ZZamboni

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad