Buffalo injuries

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Yeah, I'm on the depends when Bylsma gets fired train. He's brutal. That whole "he can't help injuries" is bull crap too. It's not based on one game.

Also, Okposo and Kulikov are back as soon as next game. Not that big of a deal.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I remember a couple years ago the Senators were off to a good start and people were saying they should probably make the playoffs. Then Spezza gets hurt. Then shortly after Kalrsson gets hurt. Everyone was saying they were going to do terrible and that their season would crumble. And game after game it was looking like it was done, but they managed to scrape some points some how, either by outworking the other team and winning the game, or by holding on to force OT. They pulled it off somehow and made the playoffs against all odds. It might not be looking good now for Buffalo, but never count a team out.

Andrew Hammond had the greatest run in the NHL history that's how that happened

leafsfan1234

Jun 18, 2016
I don't see the issue, they were going to be terrible anyway. These early injuries are just helping the tank for Patrick.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't see the issue, they were going to be terrible anyway. These early injuries are just helping the tank for Patrick.

They got Okposo and Kulikov so that they wouldn't be terrible they had 81 points last year they were expecting to challenge for a spot.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015

You'd be in the minority on that one. I think a majority of people would say that they'd at least stay the same or improve.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
You'd be in the minority on that one. I think a majority of people would say that they'd at least stay the same or improve.

You can start out terrible, improve and still be terrible. The majority of people did not think they'd be good.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
You can start out terrible, improve and still be terrible. The majority of people did not think they'd be good.

They played at a fringe playoff pace in the second half of last season. Making the outrageous assumption that Kulikov and Okposo are upgrades over Pysyk and a replacement level player, I figured they'd be a bubble team this season. In or out, I was thinking they'd be close this year. Then everybody got hurt, and now I'm not sure. Bylsma isn't much of a help, either.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Unlikely to be a playoff team even when healthy so as long as they heal up long term it's no big thing.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Buffalo sports are cursed. It's such a depressing start to the season for us. Hopefully the Bills keep winning or things will get really ugly in the next few weeks. I don't want another top pick, I want to watch good hockey. Disco Dan needs to go before we have any chance at a successful playoff run though.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Feel bad for Buffalo ,as always people seem to forget how much njuries come into play for any team .People here go on and on about depth ,but no team can replace two top 6 players and expect to really do much .Hang tough Buffalo:nod:

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
So? Tank one more year and get another pick? Honestly getting decimated by injuries isn't the worst deal if you are rebuilding but if you are contending or going all in before contracts expire it could kill everything.

As an Oiler fan, no team in this situation ever wants to do this. You want to have a good season just to gain some hope for the future.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Before the season started Jack Eichel went down for 4-6 weeks he won't be back until close to December.

Last night Evander Kane went down with cracked ribs there is no telling when he will be back

Then there are the short germ injuries to Okposo and Kulikov. I know it's early but with all the injuries hitting the sabres already I think it's fair to ask the question

How much trouble is Buffalo in?

A lot. Unfortunately it's looking like the Oilers from last year. Injuries just packed on repeatedly.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
I remember a couple years ago the Senators were off to a good start and people were saying they should probably make the playoffs. Then Spezza gets hurt. Then shortly after Kalrsson gets hurt. Everyone was saying they were going to do terrible and that their season would crumble. And game after game it was looking like it was done, but they managed to scrape some points some how, either by outworking the other team and winning the game, or by holding on to force OT. They pulled it off somehow and made the playoffs against all odds. It might not be looking good now for Buffalo, but never count a team out.

Lockout shortened season, and we only had to play Eastern Conference teams. Bit of a different situation for Buffalo this season.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Lockout shortened season, and we only had to play Eastern Conference teams. Bit of a different situation for Buffalo this season.

Yeah I know it's different and I'm not saying it will happen to Buffalo, but just that it's not impossible.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
For them to be in trouble, they would need playoff expectations. They don't and never really did. Get another lotto pick, hope for some luck, and set your team up to make the run next year

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bylsma was exposed as a bad coach in Pittsburgh and for Team USA.

Why Tankin' Tim hired him is beyond me.

I also don't get why Murray was extended. His performance so far leads me to believe they should have evaluated him further before extending him. He hasn't done particularly well in his trades and hiring Bylsma was a mistake.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Bylsma was exposed as a bad coach in Pittsburgh and for Team USA.

Why Tankin' Tim hired him is beyond me.

I also don't get why Murray was extended. His performance so far leads me to believe they should have evaluated him further before extending him. He hasn't done particularly well in his trades and hiring Bylsma was a mistake.

ROR has been huge for Buffalo. The Lehner trade hasn't really paid off but it hasn't been that bad either. Definitely not a fan of the Kane / Bogosian trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad