GDT: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo at Raleigh Blow Hards

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I feel ya, I have two little ones too. It's gotten to the point where a 10-minute milk and bread run is my big chance to get away from it all.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I feel ya, I have two little ones too. It's gotten to the point where a 10-minute milk and bread run is my big chance to get away from it all.

I've only got one but yeah. I dug my car out of 8 inches of snow today to go to a convenience store to get the holy hell out of the house. I'm living with my inlaws too for the interm so that might further explain that. Also I'm drunk.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
If we were in the Atlantic we'd be in 4th, 2 points out of a playoff spot with a game in hand over the current 3rd place team (Boston).

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Are you a wizard?

No but I once shook hands with one once upon a time. He called himself Gilbert Arenas I think. He was pretty good at that game where you bounce the orange ball and shoot it at the circular hoop thing.

Then one day he did something with a handgun in a locker room and I guess he wasn't good at the orange ball hoop game anymore.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Well, I have 2 and the in-laws are keeping so thats parent speak for I'm free for the first time in months.

I love Aho.

I've only got one but yeah. I dug my car out of 8 inches of snow today to go to a convenience store to get the holy hell out of the house. I'm living with my inlaws too for the interm so that might further explain that. Also I'm drunk.

Wow you guys make me really sad that I don't have any kids. :sarcasm:

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
In the last month's+ time (Nov12-Mid Dec 17), the Canes have gotten 17 out of a possible 18 points at home. The OTL to Washington last night is the only blemish in the last 9 games at home. They are now 9-3-1 at home and 4-8-6 on the road. the good news is they have 28 more home games vs. 23 more road games.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
This was a great game for the Canes. Really an enjoyable experience and I'm glad I got to be there.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Just re-watched. Faulk and Pesce were both magnificent, nary a mistake between the two of them. Faulk failed to see wide-open Skinner at the top of the right circle during OT but that was more of a missed opportunity than a mistake and the goalie had a clean line of sight anyway.

As for the forwards go, I stand by my earlier take that Nordstrom was the best player for us tonight. He won battles, he got physical, he created turnovers and he consistently made smart decisions and plays on both ends.

Having said that, Skinner is such a driver of offense that it must be really tempting to split he and Rask up to try and balance the scoring a little more. Especially since Skinner and Ryan seem to have such good built-in chemistry.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
2 minor penalties taken vs. Washington. 0 taken vs. Buffalo.

Lost in the talk about the historically good PK is how impressively disciplined Carolina is. Thus far, the Canes have taken the fewest minor penalties, both in terms of rate and raw total.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?aggregate=0&gameType=2&report=penalties&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20162017&seasonTo=20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=penaltiesMinor

The interesting thing is that it’s part of a larger trend for the franchise. In recorded history (87-88 - 15-16), the 14-15 Canes own the record for the fewest minor penalties taken over the course of an 80(+) game full season. The 15-16 Canes come in 4th all-time. If the 16-17 Canes continue to maintain their discipline over the rest of the season, they’ll finish with the 3rd best mark.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?aggregate=0&gameType=2&report=penalties&reportType=season&seasonFrom=19871988&seasonTo=20162017&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,80&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,&sort=penaltiesMinor

Bill Peters deserves a :handclap:.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad