GDT: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo at Raleigh Blow Hards

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Your Canes have better forwards than I expected, they kept breaking up plays and changing pace; really played as a team. Even Skinner stayed in system instead of trying to do too much.

Good game, better team won :) Happy X-mas

edit
I can see Paradis by the (broken glass of) dashboard lights

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yeah Skinner's two-way game has come a LOOOOOOOOOONG way under Peters here. IIRC he was 2nd in the league in takeaways among forwards last year behind Stone or something absurd like that which would have been completely unheard of before the coaching change.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I'm a big Peters fan when it comes to everything but OT choices. Skinner got like ten seconds and created a chance with it, about halfway through and that's it. Lindy had hardly done anything and got plenty of time. TT has the chemistry with Aho, but got beat by eichel three times on one shift so I don't think you can say TT is stronger defensively and therefore deserves it. How do you not play our best scorer in OT? On top of still rolling with two d, when we seem to have enough forwards now to pull it off. Even my lady was asking why Skinner wasn't out there.

I'm done ranting. Great game, we won.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Your Canes have better forwards than I expected, they kept breaking up plays and changing pace; really played as a team. Even Skinner stayed in system instead of trying to do too much.

Good game, better team won :) Happy X-mas

edit
I can see Paradis by the (broken glass of) dashboard lights

I laughed. :laugh:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Well, if that's the case it was a bad choice, from his position Skinner could have walked in on the goalie and had the best scoring chance of the game.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I would like to see Skinner/Aho/Slavin in overtime. Then you roll a Teravainen/Staal/Pesce group. Then a Lindholm/Stempniak/Faulk. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe flip-flop Teravainen and Stempniak....the point is, we've got the make up to run 3 pretty effective groups in OT.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I would like to see Skinner/Aho/Slavin in overtime. Then you roll a Teravainen/Staal/Pesce group. Then a Lindholm/Stempniak/Faulk. Rinse and repeat.

Maybe flip-flop Teravainen and Stempniak....the point is, we've got the make up to run 3 pretty effective groups in OT.

I'd definitely have Hanifin out there in OT. With the amount of open ice, his skating alone is a huge asset. Probably have him before Pesce.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I'd definitely have Hanifin out there in OT. With the amount of open ice, his skating alone is a huge asset. Probably have him before Pesce.

Yup, that's a good point. I was kind of thinking out loud. I like breaking up Faulk and Skinner, however, as both are triggermen.

Crazy as it sounds, I might also run a Nordstrom/Stalberg combo out there, although there's nobody who can win a faceoff in that duo. Frankly in a Skinner/Aho combo, I'd let Aho take the faceoffs. He was good in international competition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad