GDT: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo at Raleigh Blow Hards

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
The good:
-Canes win
-A shootout win to boot
-Philadelphia lost in regulation

The bad:
-They didn't get 3 so I can't use Papa Johns 50% off tomorrow. Would have used it tonight but settled for Steaks instead. Oh well.

UNC scored over 95 so you can still get 50off

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
The good:
-Canes win
-A shootout win to boot
-Philadelphia lost in regulation

The bad:
-They didn't get 3 so I can't use Papa Johns 50% off tomorrow. Would have used it tonight but settled for Steaks instead. Oh well.

Also bad, that third period

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
There have only been a handful of games this whole season where I could honestly say the Canes were "out of it".

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
The thought entered my mind last night after that Niskanen run at Skinner and was cemented tonight, but this team is baby skin soft. That needs to be addressed somehow. I wouldn't mind seeing a move to pick up a 3rd pairing guy who can help with that issue. We're not offensively talented enough to justify how passive we are physically.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Good thing the Sabres are as bad as they are, or we would have been embarrassed.

Sabres fans are probably saying the same thing about us. They were pretty putrid for the 1st half+ of the game. Rask and Hainsey cash in on those glorious scoring chances and this game isn't close.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Sabres fans are probably saying the same thing about us. They were pretty putrid for the 1st half+ of the game. Rask and Hainsey cash in on those glorious scoring chances and this game isn't close.

True. I just can't understand why we continue to be so flat/passive in third periods when we have a lead.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
There have only been a handful of games this whole season where I could honestly say the Canes were "out of it".

This is what keeps me coming back whereas the last couple years I could take it or leave it in terms of sitting down to watch a game. We probably won't make the playoffs, but to have the consistency that makes every game winnable, no matter who they're playing, that's probably the best sign you could hope to see from a young team.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
This is what keeps me coming back whereas the last couple years I could take it or leave it in terms of sitting down to watch a game. We probably won't make the playoffs, but to have the consistency that makes every game winnable, no matter who they're playing, that's probably the best sign you could hope to see from a young team.

You can start adding pieces to the foundation that's present. Another deal taking advantage of a cap strapped team would be huge.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
The thought entered my mind last night after that Niskanen run at Skinner and was cemented tonight, but this team is baby skin soft. That needs to be addressed somehow. I wouldn't mind seeing a move to pick up a 3rd pairing guy who can help with that issue. We're not offensively talented enough to justify how passive we are physically.

#BringBrookbankBack

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I love the fact that Ward got Eichel with the pokecheck in the shootout. Because you know Eichel was kicking himself after getting his OT chance pokechecked away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad