OT: Buffalo Bills vs L.A. Rams 9-8-22 8:20 EST

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
The Bills did not Blitz once last night. For only the third time a team has not in a game since PFF has been doing NFL stats. All three times ? Sean McDermott teams.
They may have learned from the Bucs burning themselves in the playoff game against LA. DC now HC Bowles pulled a 4D chess move to beat KC in the SB by not blitzing, then turned around and killed themselves with Bowles' blitz addiction against LA. The game is different now, and getting pressure with a front 4 while dropping into coverage is the key. Looks like Buffalo has that problem from last season solved.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
I'll admit, Allen was my last choice out of the 1st Round QBs that year after Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen and Jackson, in order of preference. I'll also admit to knowing precisely jack-$#!* about football, so I don't really feel too bad about my Draft board. I'm just glad Beane and McDermott know way more than I do about drafting and developing QBs.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Fix the damn turnovers. I hope this is just a first game problem and not something that is going to linger all season.
First week shenanigans. They had a few TOs against the Steelers last year and a bunch of fumbles against the Jets in 2020 and 2019. McD will whip them into shape.

Reactions: K8fool

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
He was unreal. Simply unreal. When he had an opportunity he made a difference. When they keyed on him someone else did.

Worth his weight in gold.

the most incredible thing about Miller’s performance tonight is that Allen topped it
That second sack was a thing of beauty, and why he'll be an effective player for the foreseeable future. His moves are the cream of the crop.

I missed having a guy that can actually finish sacks. Ill never forgive Addison for getting his arms on Wentz and not taking him down.

Let's Tempur expectations s little.. I'm fully impressed w him and the sheer power of the defensive tackles rotation..

Von knew LA better than any team we are going to face this season and Stafford is bledsoe as far as sacks go..

I do believe w the single matchups created by von Miller we continue to wreak havic w pressures and against the run.
We also killed it with a 4 man rush during the regular season game against KC, too, then it just disappeared. The line is completely revamped, though. I have faith.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
That second sack was a thing of beauty, and why he'll be an effective player for the foreseeable future. His moves are the cream of the crop.

I missed having a guy that can actually finish sacks. Ill never forgive Addison for getting his arms on Wentz and not taking him down.

We also killed it with a 4 man rush during the regular season game against KC, too, then it just disappeared. The line is completely revamped, though. I have faith.

I agree.. I think LA was a special insight as Von knew every scheme and weakness practicing against them .

I am amazed by his sheer strength and timing w the power move on whitworths replacement. He sent notice to the League he hasn't lost power or quickness that in order to control our line ( dt group and von ) they will have to commit 7 , 8 ( not including qb) to chip or run block w TE and or leave a running back to pickup or whiff WHEN one them ( four guys) breaks thru . We have to only cover 2 or 3 if we can occupy their attention w only four and not blitzing I have faith we get the pressures and we'll see if it rains sacks. I'm prepared to in awe.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
There was a rushing play in the 2nd half where the Bills left defensive end push the Right OT back and tied him up with his right side of body and reached out with his left arm to grab the rams RB following the right OT block and tied him up to stop his gain with his left arm and left side of body. Net result was a loss of 1 yd, I believe. The play was run with the Rams moving left to right. I was just amazed by the strength of the Bills DE on that play. Didn’t get a name or number.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm

Jordan Philips , Jones and Settle were Master moves by senor Beane.

We get to see the effect immediately as we watch Daboll take on Henry and tanehill to see how our group mindset will succeed or fail w a decent group on D w another week ( like Vons insider) of sharing info both ways ..and then watching live

to adjust to what schemes we share w Daboll . hopefully tanehill is forced to throw in a close game and Tenn is forced to turn over quite a few cards before our game .

Couldn't ask for a more deal situation to prepare for our first two tough opponents.w the cherry. , This is at Rich.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Jordan Philips , Jones and Settle were Master moves by senor Beane.

We get to see the effect immediately as we watch Daboll take on Henry and tanehill to see how our group mindset will succeed or fail w a decent group on D w another week ( like Vons insider) of sharing info both ways ..and then watching live

to adjust to what schemes we share w Daboll . hopefully tanehill is forced to throw in a close game and Tenn is forced to turn over quite a few cards before our game .

Couldn't ask for a more deal situation to prepare for our first two tough opponents.w the cherry. , This is at Rich.
I would expect a TON of play action and screen game from TN.
The Mafia should prevent most audibles.

Want to see us tighten up ball security.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad