Buffalo Bills Talk -2017 (2-1-0)

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Goodwin for 46 yard td.

I think Yates was probably out the door anyway. Certainly not much interest in bringing in Kaep, then dealing with the fallout when gets cut 10 days later.

Hoyer is going to carry SF to 6 wins. Things are starting to look up for a top 5 pick. Shady injury away from a shot at 1OA.

Why would we cut him? He'd be the 2nd best QB on our roster (you could probably make an argument for starting him if Taylor struggles)

I understand why people don't want to sign him, especially amid a season where the ownership and front office have said "we don't care about winning this year", so why put up with the headache. Still, if we go through the pain now of signing him...we definitely should not be cutting him.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just finished my 12-man ppr draft.

QB
Kirk Cousins

RB
Crowell
Hyde
Gillisillie
Kelley

WR
M Evans
Aj Green
Diggs
Decker
Matthews

TE
Reed

Kicker
Crosby

Def
Jax

Defense, kicker, and matthews were all auto drafted.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY

QB
Kirk Cousins

RB
Crowell
Hyde
Gillisillie
Kelley

WR
M Evans
Aj Green
Diggs
Decker
Matthews

TE
Reed

Kicker
Crosby

Def
Jax

Did you draft WRs before RBs? Those RBs are yuck.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Yup. I had the 8th pick. The only running back worthy of that pick that wad left on the board was Gordon, but I went with Evans. I thought getting Green in the second was a steal. In fact, i would've taken Green over Gordon, and thought i may have made a mistake passing on him at 8. No way i was taking Howard or a rookie over a prooven beast in AJ Green. Running backs go quick in my league, so i went BPA in the early rounds.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Why would we cut him? He'd be the 2nd best QB on our roster (you could probably make an argument for starting him if Taylor struggles)

I understand why people don't want to sign him, especially amid a season where the ownership and front office have said "we don't care about winning this year", so why put up with the headache. Still, if we go through the pain now of signing him...we definitely should not be cutting him.

And we aren't keeping him, so why go through signing him.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Gradkowski is the only two game backup that’d ever sell a jersey... why the hell not

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I wish Whaley would have known that he was supposed to be drafting for an entirely different scheme back in 2016. What an idiot!

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Use this one weird trick to turn a 2nd into a 4th!

(Be the bills front office)

This is just how the NFL works. A lot of drafted players are worth less to teams than the pick they were drafted with. There's nothing unique to the Bills about this.

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
I am genuinely surprised that they got anything for him. I figured he'd just be unceremoniously cut.

Good on Beane for at least getting a fraction of the value back for the recent 2nd round pick.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY

QB
Kirk Cousins

RB
Crowell
Hyde
Gillisillie
Kelley

WR
M Evans
Aj Green
Diggs
Decker
Matthews

TE
Reed

Kicker
Crosby

Def
Jax

See if one of the RBs in KC are available; I'd snatch them up quick. RB is obviously the week spot on your team. I'd also say look at Blount if he's out there because it looks like the Eagles are going to cut him and he'll probably go back to N.E

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Never played. Originally drafted for Ryan's 3-4 defense. Blew out his knee last year. Doesn't fit the new 4-3 scheme this year. Goner. The return is respectable for a "cutting your losses" maneuver.

Bills and Chiefs have a nice trade pipeline going.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
If he had done a good enough job building a team he would still be here.

I think he did. Problem wasn't talent, problem was coach. I really wish they would of done the smart thing and promoted Schwartz instead of hiring Ryan. I think they make the playoffs one of the last two years with Schwartz.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I think he did. Problem wasn't talent, problem was coach. I really wish they would of done the smart thing and promoted Schwartz instead of hiring Ryan. I think they make the playoffs one of the last two years with Schwartz.

Players win games and coaches lose them I guess.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY

They're actually pretty good for a team that started off with Green & Evans. WR-WR draft starts and full-on Zero-RB are perfectly common in PPR. I have no confidence in Reed to stay healthy, but other than that I like his team. His leaguemates left a ton of value for him in the later rounds, and he did a fine job picking it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad