Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
New Logo
peterbilt_logo.png

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Yeah i dont think the money would be a big issue for some teams if he was a guy who always kept his nose clean, but given the issues he's had and is still having I dont think too many teams are lining up to land him.

It's not the "cap hit" on the other teams end, but if we trade Marcell either this season or next I believe, there's a "cap penalty" due to the structure of his contract, that we would incur a penalty of something in the $20M-$25M if we traded him.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
It's not the "cap hit" on the other teams end, but if we trade Marcell either this season or next I believe, there's a "cap penalty" due to the structure of his contract, that we would incur a penalty of something in the $20M-$25M if we traded him.

Ha that's awesome. Great job Whaley. How anyone defended that moron is just beyond belief.

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
Dareus is completely locked here until 2020. Another of the odd cap moves this team made during Whaley's era. Dareus is definitely not a player you give a contract like that.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
This place would have erupted if Whaley didn't extend Dareus. You want the real culprit of this deal? Head down to one bills drive and chat with Overdorf. We can't trade him, we can't release him. He is one of the best interior d-lineman, have a chat and make it clear this is a different ship being ran and get on board or start losing money.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
This place would have erupted if Whaley didn't extend Dareus. You want the real culprit of this deal? Head down to one bills drive and chat with Overdorf. We can't trade him, we can't release him. He is one of the best interior d-lineman, have a chat and make it clear this is a different ship being ran and get on board or start losing money.

Just like it erupted when we traded Watkins. Then people took a moment and realized why we did what we did. There were other options with Dareus. Franchise tagging him for a year would have been an option or tagging him and trading him. There were definitely red flags before we gave him this deal. Hell he was suspended when they were negotiating this deal.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
If Kirk Cousins can be decent this year after losing Garcon and Jackson would it be better to make him an offer while he's on the transition tag and keep the draft picks or draft a QB?

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
If Kirk Cousins can be decent this year after losing Garcon and Jackson would it be better to make him an offer while he's on the transition tag and keep the draft picks or draft a QB?

Or Garoppolo if he gets loose from NE? That'd be my first choice, but I doubt NE let's him go for nothing. At worst they'll tag and trade him. At best, they'll re-sign him and let him play under Brady, but he might refuse to sign a tender if he wants to play and Brady is still there next season.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Or Garoppolo if he gets loose from NE? That'd be my first choice, but I doubt NE let's him go for nothing. At worst they'll tag and trade him. At best, they'll re-sign him and let him play under Brady, but he might refuse to sign a tender if he wants to play and Brady is still there next season.

That would frame it more as do you want a Rob Johnson type or Drew Bledsoe (Cousins would be 2 or 3 years younger than Bledsoe at the time of the Bledsoe trade) type new QB if they look outside the draft.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Kaepernick???

I doubt it. I think recent "risks" by the Pegulas (Rex Ryan, Tim Murray to some extent) blowing up in their faces has likely means we see pretty conservative, boring moves by the front offices. Kapernick, while he made a ton of sense BEFORE injuries, won't be signed now for the reason he wasn't signed before. The majority of buffalos fanbase are made up of conservatives who think kapernick actions are treason. We'd see protests at OBD instantly and I'm willing to bet more than a few season ticket holders would cancel.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
If this team did NOT sign Dareus, I can only imagine the whining about how the Bills let another talented player get away...

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Goodwin for 46 yard td.

I think Yates was probably out the door anyway. Certainly not much interest in bringing in Kaep, then dealing with the fallout when gets cut 10 days later.

Hoyer is going to carry SF to 6 wins. Things are starting to look up for a top 5 pick. Shady injury away from a shot at 1OA.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad