Buffalo Bills: Offseason - 2019 Schedule Released with NFL Draft Upcoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex

My guess is medical on Bryce Love was bad and even if they take a chance on him he will sit on IR for a season. The other guy I like, Singletary may just not be there.

Last edited:

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca

My guess is medical on Bryce Love was bad and even if they take a chance on him he will sit on IR for a season. The other guy I like, Singletary may just not be there.

I'm guessing the plan with Bryce Love was always to sit out a year. I think the signing of Yeldon might change their plans with Singletary. Without trading McCoy there probably isn't any room for him. However, love would be a fantastic player to stash with a 4th round pick.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If the Bills trade back and pick up another starter / quality depth with a later pick, in addition to the 1st rounder, I'll be happy. If they stay at Rd1#9 and take any of the popularly advocated players we've discussed, I'll be happy. If they stay at Rd1#9 and try to be "smart" or "cute" and take someone who is not a consistently advocated top-12 pick, like they did with the Josh Allen trade-up, I'll be pissed.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
If the Bills trade back and pick up another starter / quality depth with a later pick, in addition to the 1st rounder, I'll be happy. If they stay at Rd1#9 and take any of the popularly advocated players we've discussed, I'll be happy. If they stay at Rd1#9 and try to be "smart" or "cute" and take someone who is not a consistently advocated top-12 pick, like they did with the Josh Allen trade-up, I'll be pissed.

I won't. Get a top tiered talent with an actual 1st round grade.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006

That's the weird thing with this draft. All the common guys being mocked to the Bills at 9, except for the d-line players, there's other mocks having those same players drop to the 20s.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

My preference is they don't trade back, stay at Rd1#9 and take whom they wish. Unless there's an unexpected bust, they'll get a strong starter, as I feel the quality is pretty even between the usual names being mentioned the past several weeks. If they trade back and pick up another starter (via trade, or the draft), that's fine but less preferred by me. I just don't want the cute / smart over-reach because Beane thinks he's smarter than several dozen other GMs.

That's the weird thing with this draft. All the common guys being mocked to the Bills at 9, except for the d-line players, there's other mocks having those same players drop to the 20s.
Hockenson won't drop to the 20s. Jonah Williams won't drop to the 20s.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
My preference is they don't trade back, stay at Rd1#9 and take whom they wish. Unless there's an unexpected bust, they'll get a strong starter, as I feel the quality is pretty even between the usual names being mentioned the past several weeks. If they trade back and pick up another starter (via trade, or the draft), that's fine but less preferred by me. I just don't want the cute / smart over-reach because Beane thinks he's smarter than several dozen other GMs.

Hockenson won't drop to the 20s. Jonah Williams won't drop to the 20s.

Yea, lowest I've seen Hockenson is 19. I think if Green Bay prefers Fant, Hockenson can drop to the 20s. Williams is another one I think lowest I've seen him is 15/16.

Players like Greedy Williams would be nice. I've seen him mocked as high as top 10 and as low as high 20s. I've seen Metcalf picked before the Bills in some and dropping to the Packers second pick in others. Any of the WRs seem like a crapshoot on where they will go.

Will there be a run on QBs early? Haskens and Lock going before the Bills would be huge. Bills also have a great spot with Denver then Cinci picking after them. If anyone wants to beat Denver to a QB, they would try trading with Buffalo. Denver may need to trade with Buffalo to keep someone from leapfrogging them as well.

Dream would Murray goes #1. Jones to the Giants. Bills trade #9 for #10 and a 3rd. Denver takes Lock. Whoever wants Haskins then trades for 10 to leap Cinci.

Reactions: brian_griffin

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
They could still take a day 3 RB but I think Yeldon indicates they aren't in on anyone before that.

SR on Greedy is that he's best in a man-heavy scheme, which is why he's often mocked to the Lions. If we go early CB it's more likely Murphy.

If the teams think there is a solid top-12ish players, that hasn't trickled out very well to the media before now. Everything after Murray, Bosa, Q Williams, and Allen seems like a crapshoot based on the mocks for the past few weeks.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
I've seen Hockenson the last few weeks mocked to Detroit at 8 in quite a few places. Not saying that that's what will happen. I also wonder about what Jacksonville will do although offensive line seems to be their priority,

Greedy Williams does not seem like a fit for McDermott's defense he is not noted for his Zone coverage skills and has also been mentioned as a player that has been dropping. Byron Murphy seems to be the guy that would fit perfectly although they did sign depth corners in free agency.

Yea, lowest I've seen Hockenson is 19. I think if Green Bay prefers Fant, Hockenson can drop to the 20s. Williams is another one I think lowest I've seen him is 15/16.

Players like Greedy Williams would be nice. I've seen him mocked as high as top 10 and as low as high 20s. I've seen Metcalf picked before the Bills in some and dropping to the Packers second pick in others. Any of the WRs seem like a crapshoot on where they will go.

Will there be a run on QBs early? Haskens and Lock going before the Bills would be huge. Bills also have a great spot with Denver then Cinci picking after them. If anyone wants to beat Denver to a QB, they would try trading with Buffalo. Denver may need to trade with Buffalo to keep someone from leapfrogging them as well.

Dream would Murray goes #1. Jones to the Giants. Bills trade #9 for #10 and a 3rd. Denver takes Lock. Whoever wants Haskins then trades for 10 to leap Cinci.

Last edited:

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
You're not looking very hard then. I've seen Hockenson the last few weeks mocked to Detroit at 8 in quite a few places. Not saying that that's what will happen.

Greedy Williams does not seem like a fit for McDermott's defense he is not noted for his Zone coverage skills and has also been mentioned as a player that has been dropping.

Again, that's why this draft seems to be a bigger crapshoot than ever.

NFL mock draft 2019: Cowboys, Bears trades pay off for Raiders; Dolphins land a star - Hock to 18

2019 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com - Hock at 12

Chad Reuter 2019 seven-round NFL mock draft: Round 1 Hock at 10

2019 NFL Mock Draft: The First Three Rounds Hock at 12

2019 NFL mock draft: There are hard decisions to make during draft week - SBNation.com Hock at 12

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Latest 3-Round Picks with One Month to Go Hock at 19

https://nfldraft.theringer.com Hock at 20

It seems if he makes it past the Packers he will fall a bit. It would be so Packers to draft Fant over Hock if they go TE.

It just seems a lot of players who are potential top 10 picks could fall to the 15-25 area.

If they trade 9 for 10 and a third, then trade 10 for 15 and a second, that would be awesome. Dropping 5 slots would still get them one of the players people seem to think is a fit. If that happens too you probably have 3 QBs off the board, so really a selection of someone in the top 12 non-QB rankings.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) I like Jace Sternberger a lot better than TJ Hockenson
┳┻|⊂ノ because this isn't 1995
┻┳|

Reactions: CraniumCram

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've decided it would be fun for us to assemble a big board, like we do prior to the Sabres draft. Due to time constraints, we will go up to #9, the Bills pick. I'm hoping we can knock out 2-3 picks a day and be done by Thursday evening. Click the attacked link, submit your selection. Quote this post and tell us who you're picking and give me a name to add, just like the prospects polls. For starters I've included the top 5 in Peter King's mock as well as who I believe to be a board favorite, Ed Oliver.

Bills Big Board #1

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
I've decided it would be fun for us to assemble a big board, like we do prior to the Sabres draft. Due to time constraints, we will go up to #9, the Bills pick. I'm hoping we can knock out 2-3 picks a day and be done by Thursday evening. Click the attacked link, submit your selection. Quote this post and tell us who you're picking and give me a name to add, just like the prospects polls. For starters I've included the top 5 in Peter King's mock as well as who I believe to be a board favorite, Ed Oliver.

Bills Big Board #1
Add Marquise Brown

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
More smoke, McShay now has Oliver going to the Jets at number 3.
Ed Oliver's rise reminds me of the Marcell Dareus draft. IIRC, for the longest time Nick Fairly was considered the generational DT talent. He had posted 12 sacks and 24 TFL playing in the SEC and was considered a lock to go super high. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Dareus shot up boards in the weeks leading up to the draft and ultimately supplanted Fairly, who fell all the way to 13. Oliver passing Williams would have a very similar feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad