Buffalo Bills: 5-4, Chiefs Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Your chances of converting on 4th and inches with a QB sneak are probably about 80 percent, but Marrone is too much of a coward to go for it.

That one is all on the coach.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Your chances of converting on 4th and inches with a QB sneak are probably about 80 percent, but Marrone is too much of a coward to go for it.

That one is all on the coach.
You have no idea if they would have run the play without the false start. The fact that the Bills player flinched tells me that they were probably planning on running a play. There was still like 15 seconds left on the play call.

As for whether it would have been the right or wrong decision, I'm torn. On an average team with as good an offense as defense, I'd say you go for it. But the Bill's defense is significantly better than their offense. I'm not appalled by the decision to pin the Chiefs deep.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Blitz begets hot route. Hot route begets 10 years gain. 4th and 6. Punt. It's practically a rule in that situation.
It's really not. If anything sitting back is the rule in that situation, especially when you have a pass rush like the Bills do. Smith made a great throw just over Robey on the sideline, and they still didn't even get the first down. If you blitz you risk YAC, blown coverages, etc.

And McKelvin fumbles. Oh lord are we Bills'ing this game up.

EDIT: He was awfully close to being down. I don't think it's going to get overturned though.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Between that and the goal line fumble, the Bills have cost themselves this game. Nobody to blame but themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad