Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
New thread yeehaw

"journalism:"

Mike Rodak @mikerodak · 15s 15 seconds ago
Prior to J.J. Watt’s pick-six against BUF in Week 4, the Bills were outscoring teams 72-52. Since then, they’ve been outscored 63-83.

Last edited by a moderator:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I feel like we're going to win just enough games to keep Marrone from getting the ax.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
I feel like we're going to win just enough games to keep Marrone from getting the ax.

Hopefully that means playoffs. We'll see how much Pegula is willing to tolerate, but if they don't make the playoffs then I expect Hackett to be gone at the very least. If they go 7-9 or worse then Marrone is probably gone too.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Hopefully that means playoffs. We'll see how much Pegula is willing to tolerate, but if they don't make the playoffs then I expect Hackett to be gone at the very least. If they go 7-9 or worse then Marrone is probably gone too.

Hell I hope that even if we do somehow make the playoffs, Hackett is gone. He just isn't a NFL level coordinator IMHO.

DixonWard15

Sep 27, 2011
Great story about Sammy Watkins here:

Jeff Scott, the Tigers' wide receivers coach and recruiting coordinator, relayed the tale to Around The NFL in a recent phone conversation:

"It was his [Watkins] true freshman year and we're playing Florida State at home in a big-time battle. He came to the sideline after the third offensive series and told myself and offensive coordinator, Chad Morris, he said, 'We're finally getting man coverage every time it's third-and-medium, we need to run the slant-and-go.'

"Because they'd already seen enough video on Sammy over his first two games, they didn't really want to run man coverage against him, but Sammy noticed on his third series when he was getting man coverage and why. So sure enough, the next series, we get down to a third-and-4, we call a slant-and-go and hit Sammy for the touchdown. As a coach, I'm like, 'Wow, that's a true freshman.' That's kind of when he knew."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000414457/article/bills-sammy-watkins-just-beginning-to-evolve

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I remember when Hackett was hired there were a bunch of people talking about how he was this offensive genius and how he'd be awesome because he's Paul Hackett's son. What happened to that? :laugh:

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I remember when Hackett was hired there were a bunch of people talking about how he was this offensive genius and how he'd be awesome because he's Paul Hackett's son. What happened to that? :laugh:
Personally, I didn't even know if he was the offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator. I just wanted to make the pun.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Mike Rodak @mikerodak - C.J. Spiller has been placed on the injured reserve/designated to return list.
By rule, Spiller cannot play for another 8 weeks. That means he will be out until at least Week 16.

Chris Brown @ChrisBrownBills - The #Bills place C.J. Spiller on I-R w/designation to return.
RB Phillip Tanner signed in his place. Tanner will #39.

After three weeks on FOX - the Buffalo Bills return to CBS this Sunday for their 1:00 pm ET game at New York Jets.

BuffaloBillsPR @BuffaloBillsPR - On the call for #BUFvsNYJ this weekend is @CBSSPORTS - @KevinHarlan - @RichGannon12
and @OlivingstonTV (Otis Livingston - Sports Director/Reporter at CBS2 in NYC.)

Last edited:

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Hackett seems to have good ideas and schemes but when he uses them and what personal he uses is the mind boggling part of the games. In the first two games they stuck with the run and it benefited them the next two games they abandoned the run and lost, this team has 4 NFL quality starters in the backfield, you find a way to pound the dam ball and use play action to get your playmakers space.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Mike Rodak @mikerodak - C.J. Spiller has been placed on the injured reserve/designated to return list.
By rule, Spiller cannot play for another 8 weeks. That means he will be out until at least Week 16.

Chris Brown @ChrisBrownBills - The #Bills place C.J. Spiller on I-R w/designation to return.
RB Phillip Tanner signed in his place. Tanner will #39.

After three weeks on FOX - the Buffalo Bills return to CBS this Sunday for their 1:00 pm ET game at New York Jets.

BuffaloBillsPR @BuffaloBillsPR - On the call for #BUFvsNYJ this weekend is @CBSSPORTS - @KevinHarlan - @RichGannon12
and @OlivingstonTV (Otis Livingston - Sports Director/Reporter at CBS2 in NYC.)
Thank god we are going back to CBS I can't tolerate the Fox calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad